Bound by Law || 20- Trip Gone Wrong

A/N: Guys, I just want to say that this is a slow-burn romance, so if you're not into that sort of thing and want them to fall in love with each other quickly and start kissing and stuff, this isn't that because I want to build upon the tension and the romance and I want to show the obstacles they get through in order to get to that stage. Hopefully, I execute it all well though.

Sorry, and thanks for your patience!

---

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked Jai, perplexed. Sanaya came over to me and looked around the room.

"Haven't you guys packed? We're already downstairs, ready to go."

"But I—where are we going?" I repeated, endless amount of questions flowing through my confused mind. "What are we doing?"

After throwing on a shirt, he ran a hand through his hair as he looked at me.

"We're gonna leave you in the woods," he said, his face stoic and his words serious.

"W-what!?" I exclaimed, my eyes widened and my lips parted in shock.

A part of me knew that he wouldn't do it but I seriously didn't doubt anything he said at this point.

He could be crazy for all I knew — and it wouldn't be all that surprising, either.

I turned to look at Sanaya, eyebrows furrowed.

"What did I do?" My voice broke, afraid he'd go through with it. I turned to Sanaya. "He's only joking, right?"

Sanaya face-palmed and glared at Jai who snickered from behind me.

"Karishma, just ignore that idiot. Of course we're not going to leave you in the woods! We're going camping and staying in a comfy little cabin."

Letting out a sigh of relief, I frowned and turned around to lock eyes with the culprit that managed to scare me out of my wits.

He was watching me, an amused glint in his eyes as he smirked. My frown grew more severe at his expression.

The amusement in his eyes vanished and he studied me.

"Oh yeah, I've never told you this have I?"

My face relaxed and I cocked my head. "Told me what?"

"That you look like a Sasquatch when you're angry."

My jaw dropped, just as Sanaya scolded him.

"Jai, stop being so childish!"

"What?" He shrugged innocently. "I was stating facts. Besides, if my crybaby of a wife can be childish, then so can I, right?"

Sanaya let out an exasperated sigh and pinched the bridge of her nose with her thumb and forefinger.

"Wow, I never knew you could be so childish," she said, her brown eyes expressing disbelief.

He smirked at her before chucking some things into a backpack. He took another one from inside the closet and handed it over to me.

"Pack, we're leaving right now."

"Ma!" Khushi's screech could be heard from all the way downstairs. Sanaya excused herself as she rushed down and I turned back to Jai, who was still holding the bag out to me.