Bound by Law || 13- A New Beginning?

In love...with someone else?

I didn't how to describe the feeling that those words did. I didn't love him but it hurt my heart a lot, learning that the man that was supposed to be my loyal husband, was in love with some other woman.

This was the moment I truly realized that I had ruined his whole life. It made me feel like such a bad person because I wasn't enough.

We weren't together and I felt nothing but hatred for him, but my sensitive heart trembled a little when I learnt that he was cheating.

Choking back my tears, I scoffed, trying to hide the pain. What struck me was how much of a hypocrite he was.

He had told me that day that he would never cheat. And here he was, doing exactly that.

"You were lying to me."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows, eyes narrowed into slits.

"In Goa you said that you would never cheat and—"

"Who said I was cheating?" he said.

"You did, Jai."

"Did I?" he growled as he got up and angrily walked towards me in two strides. "Did I ever say I was sleeping with her? Or meeting up with her?"

"You don't have to," I said, looking straight at him. "Cheaters don't just admit that they're cheating." Somehow, from somewhere, I found the courage to fire at him, angrily and emotionally. "We may not like each other but the least you could do is respect me and not ruin my pride as a woman. You're in love with someone else — that's emotional cheating. You're supposed to be a loyal husba—"

Suddenly, his face neared mine, his minty breath fanning over my lips.

"Listen here," he spat as he pushed me against the wall. He placed his arms beside my head, trapping me. "Just because we're legally bound together, doesn't mean I love you." He leaned down closer."And I never will. You wanna know why?"

I refused to say or do anything in fear of my body accidentally giving in to the urge to slap him.

"It's because you're not good enough. So what if I'm emotionally cheating? We're nothing to each other and it should stay that way."

I tried to hold back the tears as he spat those words out with so much hatred.

"Fine," I spat out, my hands shaking both with anger and hurt.

"Now, stay out of my personal life or I won't hesitate in ruining yours."

His honey eyes turned black with fury as he glared at me. I never knew someone could hate me so much that they'd look at me like they wanted to kill me.

Looking away, I sniffled. Jai sighed and stepped away from me. He sat himself on the edge of the bed.

"I broke up with her because I was forced into this stupid marriage. You know we were gonna get engaged?"

He ran a hand through his hair, his eyes gazing at nothing in particular but filled with desire and longing for a lost love.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I'm just saying that I'm still in love with her so you get the hint that there's no way this marriage will ever work out." He pointedly stared at me. "Especially not with you."