Bound by Law || 15- Is This Fate?

"Hey," Ross said softly, taking my attention away from the ground and onto him.

After the whole fiasco, we had gone out to the backyard after Ross had explained the situation to Mathew and Rahul.

I was still shocked at what I heard from both Aisha and Jai but my mind kept flashing back to their expressions: they both looked embarrassed and guilt-stricken.

"I know that nothing I say will probably help, but I will say that you're not alone." He stared at me with a straight and serious face.

I was trying so hard not to cry in front of him and managed to fake a smile, nodding.

"Yeah, of course not," I trailed off.

Ross let out a sigh and leaned forwards, his elbows propped up on his knees as he looked at me.

"My brother went through the same thing, actually. He was in love with his girlfriend of five years and he didn't know that she had been cheating on him emotionally and physically for four of those years."

My eyes widened at that news and I instantly felt insanely sorry for his brother. Here I was, crying over someone I barely knew who was just in love with someone, when Ross' brother had been through worse.

"Is he okay now?" I inquired, afraid of his response.

Ross chuckled, running a hand through his hair.

"Yeah, Gavin's fine now. He's been traveling to get over her and he's actually here now from Australia."

Gavin? Australia? As in...

"A-Australia?" I spluttered. Ross glanced up at me.

"Yeah. I'm guessing you didn't know but I'm actually Australian," he said with a timid smile. "I decided to move here after I graduated from university for a change of location and a fresh start."

"That's cool," I began, biting my lip. "But, um—actually this might be silly—"

"I'll be the judge of that," he cut in, his eyebrows raised.

"Okay, well," I swallowed thickly, afraid of being seen as a fool, "did this Gavin recently go to Goa?"

Ross' eyes widened in surprise as he stared at me in wonder.

"Yeah, as a matter of fact, he did. He just came back a week or so ago with his friends."

I nodded, slightly numb as I was in major disbelief. I couldn't believe that the Gavin I thought I'd only ever meet once, was here.

It was too surreal to even think about.

It was the work of God and fate.

"Hold on a second," Ross peered at me with squinted eyes, studying me. "Do you know Gavin?"

I didn't know if telling Ross was a good idea, and so I kept quiet for a few seconds. But I could feel his inquisitive gaze on me as I contemplated.

It's his brother, maybe telling him would be best.

I let out a helpless sigh, going along with my mind, nodding.