0 | 2 ~ Human sacrifices to the puberty God

THE 'ding' of the doorbell could be heard as Scarlett entered an old favourite café. She had agreed to meet up with her next client, so long as she got to decide where exactly that would be.

The loud buzz from the people talking had dwindled into a curious whisper as all eyes turned to her. Cliché much? Scarlett took in a deep breath and maneuvered her way through the crowded café to a dimly lit booth in the far back corner.

The smell of toasted bread, morning cookies and freshly baked muffins wafted through the air as a small smile graced her face. Scarlett had chosen the "Sunny Station Diner", a small place owned by a local family, for her meeting with Christopher since it was such a popular café where they would have many eyes trained on them. Christopher might not care about the many people surrounding them, but it was at least worth a shot.

The bell of the front door chimed once again as a gust of cold air swept inside and Scarlett's eyes snapped to attention. A man was scanning the baby blue café in search of his next victim and when his eyes landed on a beautiful woman hidden in the furthest corner, he knew exactly that he had found her.Without thinking twice, he made his way to Scarlett with long strides and plopped down in the seat opposite her.

"Scarletstroke, I presume?" He asked her with uncertainty.

"Depends, who wants to know?" She replied suspiciously.

"Hi, my name is Leonardo Romano," the man greeted. "My father spoke to you on the phone yesterday? I am just filling in for him seeing as he is busy with an important meeting right now."

Christopher has a son?

Leonardo was one of those blonde, Calvin Klein models that came straight out of a fairytale. He had the lightest highlights to further enchance his beautiful curls and a body just muscled perfectly. He, however, looked nothing like his father.

"So you are the one doing all of Christopher's biddings now? What are you, his errand boy?" Scarlett snickered after a moment as she turned her attention back to his eyes.

Ignoring her comment, Leonardo got straight down to business, knowing that the famous "Scarletstroke" his father told him so much about, was not going to listen to his requests willingly. Scarlett liked the fact that Leonardo was very professional with his job, because she never had time for pleasantries and wanted to go home as soon as possible. She had gotten no sleep last night after the treacherous phone call, knowing that this meeting was undeniably important. Urgent matters can't normally be scheduled conveniently. She'd known that from the moment Christopher called her, insisting that they talk in person rather than discussing it over the phone. Christopher had stated that it was safer, for it is extremely easy to track down a call when it came to said circumstances. So after a lot of persuading, Scarlett reluctantly agreed.

"Father needs you to pose as a potential gang member that wants to join Cayden's gang in order to get to know him and-"

"Cute," Scarlett interrupted him immediately. A waiter approached them and Scarlett did a hand motion, a signal to let her know that they didn't want to be bothered right now.

"So, tell me... what does this have to do with me exactly?"

Leonardo frowned. "You are extremely good at what you do and dad specifically asked for your help on this mission."

"You can not be serious?"

"I am and to prove it-"

"No," Scarlett deadpanned.

"I beg your parden, no?"

His arrogant voice didn't settle well with Scarlett as she clenched her fists underneath the table, taking deep breaths through her nose. He didn't seem to understand what he was asking of her and even less her simple answer.