1 | 8 ~ Dear John

I swear I did NOT hit publish! Well not intentionally, but I have incredibly fat fingers so here is the real "chapter 18" -ignore the notification you got before, I'm sorry! <3

The next morning Scarlett had enough and finally decided to leave her room. She never really understood Cayden's behaviour from the previous day and decided to talk to him about it instead.

So, raising from the bed with slight awkwardness, she shuffled her way over to the floor to ceiling mirror before rolling up the sleeves of her leggings to examine the wounds.

They were not THAT visible and mostly looked like new scars added to the collection. The only damage still remained hidden deep under her skin, someplace no one could see but only she could feel. As long as she pretended the injuries were non-existent, no one else except her and William would know that it was there in the first place. Cayden would never know.

However, the same couldn't be said about her stomach. Her entire torso was black and purple, a stark contrast against her fairer skin. The marks left behind from all the punches had somehow gotten darker, angrier from not being treated properly. A frown decorated Scarlett's face as she lightly pressed her thumb on the wounds. It hurt, a little bit, but Scarlett still managed to maintain her outward expressions of showing no pain.

She decided then and there that it would be best to wear a long sleeved shirt for the day rather than just her favourite crop top.

***

It took a lot of convincing from her side before she could actually start believing her own words, but now Scarlett stood in front of Cayden's office door, repeating continuously that she was doing this for the mission's sake.

We need to discuss the security problems around the house, not ...

Her thoughts suddenly died down when she heard a VERY familiar laugh from behind Cayden's office doors.

What in the world is she doing here?

Without thinking about it, Scarlett pushed through and entered his office. She didn't need to be invited in. Cyaden already extended her entry invitation yesterday when he asked her to visit him after she felt better. Now she wondered if she was actually feeling better.

The sight that greeted her was not a pretty one. It was disturbing and caused a slight pain to ignite in her chest area, something that didn't have to do with her injuries at all.

Scarlett cleared her throat, looking anywhere but at Dominique currently straddling Cayden's lap as she continued to kiss him without rest. Cayden might not know she was there, but Scarlett saw the way Dominique purposely kissed him in front of her as she glanced at Scarlett, a smirk somehow managing to make its way to her lips.

Oh, Dominique. You are playing with fire.

Scarlett's hands clenched into fists as she slipped them behind her back and finally Cayden registered her presence.

"Sc- Scarlett!"

Scarlett stiffled a laugh as Dominique almost landed face first on the floor when Cayden jumped up.

"It's not what it looks like!" And still Cayden went on, trying to wipe the lipstick from his face with his suit jacket's sleeve.

"Honestly, I could not care less who you decided to suck faces with in your free time." She gave him a sarcastic smile before turning around and making her way back to her room. For some reason she felt incredibly dirty after experiencing that.

"Don't worry about her, Baby. She's probably just jealous." Scarlett frowned at Dominique's statement. Her mind was racing from all the possible ways of killing her and she didn't know if she wanted to strangle Cayden as well or kiss him.