2 | 8

As soon as Scarlett awoke from her state of unconsciousness, she felt the bondings around her wrists before anything else.

Awareness slowly faded in, but she kept her eyes closed, and her body inert. She wanted to jerk upfrom where she was sitting- a very uneven surface was under her, probably a tiny bed, hands bound together behind her- but she knew better than that. This was her chance to evaluate her situation before her captors knew she was awake.

A tangy smell of blood and odor hung in the air as there were no windows to let in the fresh draft from outside. Scarlett blinked her eyes open and turned to observe her surroundings.

She had to give it to her captors. They didn't just build their holding "cells", they poured pure hatred into the design. The room was barely 6'5 with the walls a thick grey stone that reduced the temperature to near freezing. It was like a coffin, a hollow cube of concrete with the only light creeping in under the door.

In there, Scarlett had no idea of how much time had passed, or even if it was night or day. She was utterly disorientated and had no doubt that with the given time, a person could even forget their own name. That is exactly why she had to escape.

Scarlett tried tugging her wrists and when nothing happened, she twisted her head in a way that gave her a clear view of her hands still bound by a very thick, modified rope. She sighed.

Obviously Dominique had opened her mouth and blabbed to the world about her previous escape routines, because there was no way this rope was meant to make her life any easier.

She, however, still didn't give up and slowly started developing a different plan of escape in her head.

A wave of nausea suddenly clawed at her throat. Vomiting was already a nasty thought as it was a form of showing weakness, but actually seeing the fluids only made Scarlett's situation that much worse. Chunks of partially digested food spewed out of her mouth. Her stomach contracted violently and forced everything out, nearly choking her.

Her face was left white after a few rounds and she tried to lurch forward, but the ropes kept her upright in an uncomfortable position so she had no choice but to only try and lean her head to the side, letting the last of the fluid dribble from her lips.

A pregnant pause followed soon after, one that she was very thankful for, before a pungent stench started invaded her nostrils that caused her to heave once more. It was a tiring process.

She couldn't move her feet without possibly touching her own puke and she was feeling weaker by the second. Her throat felt sore from the stomach acid that was layering it and her mouth tasted of vomit.

This time, she didn't even try to put any sort of escape plan into action as she just closed her eyes and drifted into sleep on a tide.

***

When Scarlett woke up a second time in what could have been days, she was met with a pair of curious eyes.

"Oh my god, how long was I asleep?" A tinge of panic decorated her voice.

"No need for dramatics, only a few minutes, maybe an hour."

Leonardo was standing in the doorway of her little room, his body leaning against the frame and his arms folded in front of him as if to try and assert his dominance in this situation.

She inspected her surroundings, the same as when she opened her eyes the first time since her captivity, except for the change of clothes and the fact that there was not a drop of vomit in sight.

"What do you want?" Scarlett finally croaked in a seasick tone as if a wire chocked her neck.

"I'm afraid you're mistaken," he said deliberately, with a bold and slightly sarcastic smile. "I'm not here because I "want anything". I'm just curious as to how one of the world's most notorious killers managed to get herself caught."