0 | 4 ~ Dropping her panties

PICTURES didn't do Cayden Carlisle any justice. Though, it wasn't his undeniable good looks that grabbed Scarlett's attention, rather the powerful and authoritative aura surrounding him. It felt both unsettling and trustworthy at the same time.

The feeling was basically unexplainable.

Shaking her head, Scarlett focused her attention back on her target as she lifted the gun with a limp wrist and pointed it at him this time. Instead of reacting like any of her other targets would have reacted, his eyes started sparkling with a cold intelligence as he accessed her.

She would not be so careless as to kill him, not yet anyways, but to show him a fragment of what she could do was the objective.

"You have been standing there this whole time?" Scarlett asked him warily as he proceeded to take a cigarette package from his expensive suit pocket.

She had a kind of sixth sense for knowing what was going on in her surroundings, and Cayden shouldn't have been able to sneak up on her. But Scarlett barely registered and this was highly unsettling.

"Of course, I was the potential cheerleader." Cayden replied, also removing a silwer cigarette lighter from his suit coat inner pocket, and lighting it.

He was silent for a moment, long enough for him to have inhaled a few drags on his cigarette, before continuing. "I must say that this whole performance you did just now was quite impressive."

"Well, yay me." Scarlett feigned enthusiasm. "Considering the fact that I wake up every morning just to impress you."

Ignoring her remark, Cayden took one last drag on his Cigarette before disposing of it in the small container that was placed on a table near the bottom of the stairs.

"What is your name, fiore?"

'Of course he would speak the one language capable of making any female drop her panties on the spot, because why the hell not?'

"Scarlett Gonzalez," She introduced herself, lifting her chin above the horizontal to increase her height.

Yes, Scarlett was just as much suprised that Christopher created an alias with a name so close to her assassin one, but didn't think much of it and simply reminded herself that she was not being payed to ask questions.

"Well, Scarlett." Cayden said, putting deliberate emphasis on her name as he took a threatening step forward. "What the fuck are you doing in my gang's house?"

"Breathing," She deadpanned, eyeing the sensitive spot on his neck. It was defenitely true when people said that a crude vocabulary belittles the speaker.

One rapid hit to that exact spot and he would be counting sheep in a nanosecond. At least then she would not have to endure his annoying presence anymore.

Cayden's face showed Scarlett how quickly he was losing his patience with her, but she didn't care. She was like a careless bunny, wagging her fluffy tail at the dark and dangerous wolf, in this case, Cayden.

Sighing inwardly, Scarlett lowered the gun and dropped it on the floor before clenching her fists instead.

She knew that making a first impression by knocking out the leader of the Crimson Serphents in one movement would certainly give more ground for suspicion.

Cayden was not helping her situation by clamping his mouth closed tightly the way he was doing it now, making the tendon in his neck stand out even more.

Now, her facade was up. She was going to try a different path to ensure that none of the guys could guess who she really was, or what her next actions could be.