1 | 7 ~ Did you get the license plate on the car that hit me?

There is only one word to describe Scarlett's current condition: restless. She felt mind numbing, painfully and absolutely restless.

Being confined in a room for a full week was defenitely not how she planned this mission to go. With William's exceptional visits every chance he got, she was actually starting to enjoy his company as he tended to her wounds, but she'd never been one to just sit around. The idleness of the situation felt like a waste of time and time was short, especially for her.

The buffy guy, who Scarlett came to know as Trever, still stood outside her door to keep everyone out. She was exceptionally glad to hear from William that Trever didn't even crack one bit when Cayden threatened to throw him out of his gang, on the streets, if he didn't open the door.

Her wounds were healing well and she had managed to stitch them up properly after she took her first shower in days, however William still nagged her about getting the gang's official doctor to check on them- she didn't agree, of course.

Now she lay on her bed, staring out the window like she had been doing for the past week. It had been a while since William made his daily visit and Scarlett wondered what he was up to.

She was tired yet couldn't sleep, not since the nightmares started coming back full force. She was restless yet couldn't walk. The wounds had mostly healed and she was sure that they wouldn't get infected any time soon, but for some reason her legs felt incredibly cramped this morning.

Perhaps from the lack of sleep?

The muscles definitely needed more time to heal, but she still convinced William to partake in some light wrestling with her. She wanted to get him on track with his fighting and get him out of the vulnerable position he was currently finding himself in. After their little sparring sessions, she always found herself in bed, writhing in pain. Swallowing maximum amount of painkillers was not helping her anymore and thus she came to the conclusion that she needed to do something active and hopefully she could do it soon.

Scarlett groaned and rolled on her back to stare at the ceiling. This place couldn't possibly feel any more empty than it already was and if she had to stay there another day, she was likely to go bat-shit crazy.

Scarlett was half in a daze and half watching the shadows dancing on the walls when suddenly there was a loud banging on her door.

"Scarlett, open this damn door." Scarlett's eyes widened when she heard Cayden's voice. His tone was calm, but it held a harder edge towards the end of his sentence. "It's been too long for you to be "just ill". I'm coming in and you better start explaining!"

Scarlett froze completely. She didn't know how to react or what to do and only stared at the door in utter confusion. She was not going to let him in and see her like this.

"Scarlett." His voice sounded more calmer this time, more dangerous.

At the same time the rapping on her door increased and Scarlett felt relieved that the hinges of the door was inside so he couldn't enter her room another special way.

Suddenly, the banging somehow subsided and Scarlett strained to hear the hushed whispering on the other side of the door.

A long pause followed. There was no whispering anymore and no movements. Just complete and utter silence. Scarlett held her breath, but the silence went on for a longer period.

He left...

Just when she was about to stand up, Scarlett heard a mighty crack as a shoulder made contact with the door and it came falling down. Splinters flew everywhere and what remained of the door could no longer be fixed as it slumped to the floor in small, broken pieces.