1 | 1~ Vanilla flavoured ice cream

Okay people! This chapter is dedicated to all my potatoes with messy hair and thirsty hearts who always wonders if I'm writing about them.

I am.

Well, maybe not all of you specifically... let's just go with the potatoes who can't type their name in Microsoft-Word without having a red line underneath it? Enjoy!!!

+++

I am starting to regret my decision...

Scarlett's grip on the steering wheel tightened as she bit the inside of her cheek to keep herself from lashing out at William.

"Oh I really want to know, what do you mean?! oh oh ohhh!"

"You, zip it... now! I had enough of your awful singing for one night," Scarlett snapped, turning the music off to reinforce her point.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?" William whined as he reached over to turn the music back on.

Scarlett slapped his hand away, still keeping her eyes on the road," I will tell you what I am not doing, singing 'What do you mean' by Justin Bieber. You sound drunk, William and we have yet to reach the club."

William stared at Scarlett wide eyed," No fricken way, you're a fellow belieber?"

Scarlett scoffed," Do you actually think that I would listen to that crap? The name is showing on the radio's screen, you idiot."

"Oh... Why did you choose me?"

Scarlett groaned at his question. "You really do not know how to stay quiet, do you? I chose you, not because you are special or anything, but because I thought you would keep your mouth shut on our way to the club. Clearly I was wrong."

"It's not my fault you have trust issues and you don't want to to drive with the group."

"You are all human. That means that each one of you tend to screw up on a lot of things in life. For example, checking your phone while you should be keeping your eyes on the road."

"So, that doesn't give you a reason to not trust us. You're also human."

"Yes, but unlike ninety nine percent of the human population, I am not an idiot."

"Just because you managed to join the gang a lot faster than anyone else ever have before, doesn't mean you get to be all knowing about us."

"But it does, because I know more than you entire gang combined. I growed up a lot different than you and your little family. Each day I live as if it was my last, as if I was taking my last breath. Which is exactly why I act the way I do and if you want to actually see your grandchildren one day, you should too."

"That sounds..."

"Lonely? I know. Believe me, it is not the first time I have been told that tonight."

The words were not said to invite pity into the conversation and anger flared in her chest when she saw his gaze softening.

"No, I meant- stop the car!"

Scarlett looked at him baffled, but did as he demanded and stopped in the middle of the road, ignoring the blaring horns of passing cars. "What in the actual fuck, William?! Are you stupid?"

"No, I-"

"That was a rhetorical question. Now why are we not driving?"

"Because there was an ice cream truck and I wanna buy you and me a vanilla flavoured ice cream."