2 | 9

"Wakey, wakey, Scarlett."

Scarlett's head pounded and her mouth was dry. She heard the voice, but she couldn't seem to open her eyes to look at whoever was speaking. She ttied to shift her body from its cramped position, realising she was now bound to a chair. Would this ever end?

Water suddenly splashed down over her head and she sputtered. She accidentally breathed some in and she coughed violently. Her lungs ached and her throat burned.

She cracked an eye open and peered into the room. It was dark other than a beam of light coming from a point in front of her. The light shone on her, and she blinked to stop the stab of pain in her eyes.

Where was she now? And- oh my God, possibly pregnant?! The last thing she remembered was the conversation about her health between Christopher and his son as she blacked out from the drug they fed her. That all took place in a different room. Now she was here.

"Sleeping beauty has finally awoken?"

Scarlett licked her lips and tried to focus on the man who'd spoken. The room she was in was bigger than the other one and bare, with only a chair and a table and a light. Probably still in the same building.

And then her gaze landed on Christopher.

The humor dropped from his face when he saw her smirk. "As fun as this whole reunion was up until now, let's get down to business." He pounded a fist into Scarlett's face that whipped her head back against the chair. It jarred her focus, probably his intentions.

She tasted blood in her mouth and took a minute to spit it out before glaring at him. She had to keep him talking while she figured things out. "I should have realised you were into the rougher kind of stuff, Christopher."

He grinned. "I'll admit, it was a pleasure to see you all passed out and vulnerable like on the bed earlier. Although, I would have enjoyed it more had Dominique been here to test out the new torture devices I got her for Christmas. Unfortunately, she's out on another mission so we'll just have to reprise that little bit of fun. Soon. I'll save it for when we've run out of the real work to do on you."

"Can't wait." She gave him a bloody mouthed smile, just to keep him off balance.

Scarlett's gaze snapped to the door as it opened, announcing the entrance of Leonardo. However, what set her off was the sight of Caroline following behind as well as a young boy that was probably no older than seventeen. Her whole body tensed up when Caroline's eyes connected with hers and she could see the mix of fear and confusion swirling around in them.

"How nice of you all to finally join us. Please, take a seat." Christopher motioned to two chairs situated directly across from Scarlett, facing her. How did she not notice them before? "We're gonna play a little game."

Scarlett narrowed her eyes, not exactly sure what went through Christopher's head at this given moment. For all she knew, it was probably something similar to the games Dominique played with her targets that would ensure someone dead in this room at the end of the day. She just hoped that Caroline had a good enough mindset to not be that said person.

After the two of them took a seat and Leonardo positioned himself in the corner as he usually does, Christopher clapped his hands together and begun explaining the game to Caroline and the boy.

"It's quite easy, to be honest." He removed a coin from his jean's pocket. "I'm going to place this on the ground, an equal distance away from the both of you, and whoever grabs it first, is the one that gets to live and join my gang. A great deal, is what I would call it, don't you agree, Scarlett?"