0 | 6 ~ Peace, rainbow sparkles, unity and crap

"What is your weakness, what are you most afraid of?" Scarlett repeated, not blinking once.

"If there is one thing I don't have," Cayden paused momentarily, "it's a weakness. I am a leader, a stoic, not some fragile human who people can consider weak."

"Everyone has a weakness, but that does not necessarily make you weak."

Cayden scoffed, "if that's true, then what is considered a weakness in your eyes?"

"Pain."

"Pain is good. Pain means that you're still alive."

"No, if you acknowledge pain when you fight, you will never win. Feeling pain puts you in a vulnerable state, I had to learn that the hard way, of course. The only key was numbness, the only way out IS numbness."

"You say that everyone has a weakness, yet you haven't mentioned yours?"

He wants information, but he does not want to give me anything? I do not think so.

"Your secrets and weaknesses would be a lot more entertaining to hear, no?" Scarlett asked, hoping that he would just drop the topic.

"As facinating as this disagreement is, here's an awesome idea!" Cookie jumped in, raising his hand in a mocking manner, "how about we ignore all the potential flirting that has been going on for the past hour, and move on to introducing the rest of the gang?"

"Right," Cayden coughed, pointing to the member of the gang that Scarlett liked to call Cookie, "this is Michael Parker." Or she could call him that.

"He is my third-in-rank. My second-in-rank, James, is at the docks with Thomas, taking care of some shipment for next weekand and overseeing some transactions personally so you'll have to meet them later. We also have our weapon specialist, Matteo Moretti, but he doesn't talk to anyone unless they need some kind of smart gadget. Then the rest of the gang is of no importance since only the ranked members live here."

Scarlett nodded her head before speaking up, "Thank you for the introduction, but I think that it would be best if I retire for the rest of the night. Which way is my room?"

Scarlett had to update Leonardo on the whole situation before sundown. She had agreed to do it every week, with the exception of that being their only contact, of course. She worked alone. He would be doing his part, and she would be doing hers. His job was to mainly provide her with information about Cayden and his work. Metaphorically speaking, he was her eyes and ears.

"Who said anything about you staying here?" Cookie scoffed.

Scarlett turned around and made her way to the stairs," Rude, all of you. I will just see to it myself then."

"Wait!" Cayden abruptly said as he gave Cookie a pointed look. "Michael will escort you."

Cookie grumbled under his breath as he grabbed Scarlett's arm and led her upstairs. They made their way down a long corridor before stopping in front of the last door to the left. Cookie released her arm immediately, wiping his hands on his leather pants as if he saw her touch as some kind of disease.

Scarlett rolled her eyes at his childishnes and turned around to open the door.

"Look," Cookie started, "I don't like you and I don't want you to think for a single moment that, just because you have everyone else in the gang fooled, I can be included in-"

"I am confused," Scarlett interrupted him, yawning," was the point of being apart of the Crimson Serphents to make friends or to make money?"

Cookie growled,"I know that you're hiding something and I don't expect you to tell me what that something is right now, but make no mistake, I will find out."

Scarlett finally opened the door and entered her room, turning around in the doorway to stare at him blankly. "You are going to be looking for a long, long time, Michael, because I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Besides, I am all about peace, rainbow sparkles, unity and crap."

Scarlett was glad yhat she actually remembered to use his real name and not the private little nickname she had for him.

Cookie laughed, but there was no mirth in it," Oh, I believe you, Scarlett. I most definitely believe every word you are telling me now."

"Then why the hell are you still bothering me and not minding your own fucking business?"

This was a side of Scarlett none of the members had seen before and Cookie gained pleasure from it," Finally, she's showing her true colours! I wonder how Cayden would feel about this?"

"I am guessing utter disappointment," Scarlett sighed, reaching for her door handle once again.

Cookie cocked his head to the side, staring at her questioningly. "What do you possibly know that I don't?"

It is called everything.

"Just that a certain someone Cayden cares about does not want to come out of the closet." With that last omnious statement, Scarlett closed the door in his face and wiped the metaphorical dust from her hands.

Dear diary...
Today I made an enemy.

Scarlett felt a smirk stretch across her lips as she turned around to inspect her new room. It was very spacious and bright with a four poster bed draped in a deep red material that was fit for a royal. Paintings of all sorts covered most of the walls and small ornaments were placed neatly on a wooden table near the balcony. A modern, fully equipped bathroom finished in top quality bronze coloured ceramics could be seen through an independent entrance to the right and from there on everything looked like a normal, luxurious room.

A soft knocking sound from behind alerted her. Scarlett groaned, making her way to the door once again before ripping it open with more effort than required,"what the fuck do you want now?"

She obviously thought that Cookie finally came up with some kind of useless comeback, but imagine her suprise when she saw a pair of big, brown eyes staring back at her, filled with fear.

"Sorry, I thought you were someone else," Scarlett apologized, folding her arms in front of her as she leaned against the doorframe.

The women quickly lowered her gaze and tilted her chin downward, bowing to her without bending her spine before stuttering out a reply, "N-no it's fine. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Maria Jones, Cayden mentioned that there was a new member added to the gang so I wanted to see for myself."

"Maria, as in the cleaner?" Scarlett raised an eyebrow.

"Yes ma'am, but I also help Caroline to manage the gang's financial accounting."

Well this ought to be a problem. Scarlett thought as she stood up straighter from leaning against the wall, her eyes turning darker than they were before.

"That is great and all, but just like Cayden, I have some ground rules of my own that I want you to adhere to," Scarlett said, her voice lowering, "do not even think about entering through these doors. They stay closed at all times and if needed, I will clean the room myself. Do not bother to exercise your back or your neck at my door and please, call me Scarlett. No titles needed."

By the end of Scarlett's little speech, Maria was practically shaking like a leaf, "O-of course, m- Scarlett." And she scurried away.

This time, Scarlett didn't wait for another interruption as she removed her contacts before curling up on her bed. The comforter was so soft beneath her cheek, the idea of a nap wasn't unwelcome. A power nap before her talk with Leonardo. Re-energizing and refreshing. Yes, she would nap.

Scarlett ignored the part of her mind that was still thinking about the moment Cayden's eyes met her own as she drifted off to sleep.

+++

Here is the next chapter my BEAUTIFUL potatoes, as promised! ;)

To be honest, I almost forgot that I had to update today. Like ... my brain, that disgusting thing in my head that looks like some kind of disturbing alien breed, accidently deleted stuff while I was sleeping last night and then the next morning I completely forget to tend to, well... everything.