7.

Megan

I have NEVER been put in my place before. Everyone stared at me as April clearly got everything she needed off her chest before walking away.

"I know everyone has work to do! Get on with it!" I said as I stormed off to my office.

My phone rang and it was my ex husband.

"Yes Dwight?"

"Can't have the kids this weekend."

"Excuse you?"

"Can you talk to your solicitor and sort something out. If you're okay with it, it won't be an issue. I'll take them the next two weekends."

"The next two weekends? You take them EVERY weekend!"

"Yeah yeah I know... but I can't this weekend."

"What's more important than your kids?!"

Dwight sighed.

"Vanessa has booked this weekend for us to finalise everything for the wedding."

Wedding?

"Finalise? Wedding?"

"Yeah... I told you..."

"No you never Dwight!!"

"I did! That's why I was rushing the divorce!"

"YOU NEVER!!"

"I did. The kids know, they're part of the wedding. I wouldn't have told the kids and not you."

The kids know?

"Dwight... this is the first I'm hearing anything!"

"Really? Damn. I really thought I told you Meg. Sorry. So please. Do me this favour."

"No. Take them with you." I said and hung up on him.

My ex husband was getting married, our children knew, they're even involved. Megan knows nothing. If I wasn't already feeling low after April blasting me this sure as hell added to it. I got up to go and talk to April. I knocked. The door unlocked then opened. April looked as if she had been crying.

"April... have you been crying?" I asked her as I closed the door behind me.

"No." She said quickly but bluntly.

"Look, I don't know what's going on with you. But I want to say I'm sorry. You was right. I shouldn't have approached you in front of everyone. After you snapping at me, I've realised it's not nice at all. Also, as your manager it's my duty to make sure everything is okay both personal and professional. You don't have to tell me what's going on but are YOU okay?"

"I will be. I just need for this day to be over with."

"Want to talk about it?"

"I don't talk about my personal issues. They're just that, mine. So I deal with it on my own. Thank you though Megan. Sorry I snapped. I shouldn't have taken my bad day out on you."

"I deserved it. I'm also glad you did. At least someone round here has a backbone."

April smiled.

"Whatever's going on, I hope it gets better. If you need anything let me know."

"I will. Thanks Megan."

I smiled, nodded my head and left her office and went straight to Reggies.

"Yo. What's up?" He said as I entered.

I closed the door behind me.

"You know what's up." I said as I sat on the chair with my legs open.

Reggie looked around.

"You're playing it risky aren't you?"

"I'm just sitting down... only you can see my legs are open for you." I said.

Reggie smirked.

"Well I can't help you. Look, Megan... I've been wanting to talk to you about all of this..."

I got up.

"No no no. This is not happening no!"

"Megan just listen!"

"I'm not listening! No! My ex husband has just told me he's marrying again and as much as I don't want him; he's moving on with his life and is happy! It's a blow to the face then you wanna finish me off with what? You're ending it?!"

"See! This is the problem... ending it. There was never an It to begin with! We just had regular sex for a bit."

"A bit... A BIT??? Try. FIVE. Years!! Really Reggie? This is what you're doing to me? Right now?! Is there someone else? Is that what it is?"

Reggie sighed.

"You're just not getting it are you? Even if there was someone else we have never been anything serious for me to owe you an explanation. I'm talking about me and you and us no longer having sex. That's it."

"That's it?"

"Mmmhmm."

"You reckon? Ha. You'll see Reginald. You'll see!" I said leaving his office and going to mine.

As I sat down my phone rang again.

"Yes Dwight?"

"I've worked it out so I can still have the kids."

"Dwight... you was always going to have the kids. If that's what you called for then don't. I've got other things on my mind." I said before hanging up on him.

For the rest of the day I spent it zoned out in my office. Knowing I was going home was the worst feeling. Once I packed the kids off, it would just be me on my own for the weekend. As usual. I couldn't believe Reggie was doing this to me. I know it's because there's someone else. It better not be anyone in this company or else there will be hell to pay!

********************