12.

Megan

I saw the way Reggie looked at April and I hated it. I would love to be a fly on the wall in her office right now just so I could hear their conversation. It didn't make sense to me...Showing interest in someone who isn't interested in you! Today I was very busy as I was dealing with applications from applicants to work for this company. Before you know it, it's four thirty and time for me to leave. I arrive home just after five and I'm already dreading having to cook for the kids when I get in. As I enter my house I can smell aromas as if someone's cooking.

Monica? Pfft. No.
Michael? Absolutely not!
Mariah? Wishful thinking.

But it could only be one of them. I walk into the kitchen and Dwight is in there getting his Ainsley Harriott on!

What. In. The. World?

"Dwight?"

"Hey. Just in time. Come on in."

"Dwight?? What are you doing here...?"

"Please.. sit down."

I sighed. I was too tired to argue. He put out two plates and shared out the food. Rice and stew chicken. My favourite.

"Where are my children?"

"OUR children are at their friends."

"It's a school night!"

"Mariah can sleep at a friends house if they both go to the same college! Michael went football and asked to stay at Leon's house? They go to the same school. Monica is at my sisters. Playing with her cousin. They go to the same school. My sister will take them. I wanted it to be just us."

"Dwight? Have you hit your head? You are married!"

"Engaged. Weddings postponed remember."

"You're in a relationship and it's not with me so why are you not sitting at the table with your fiancé?"

"We have a relationship."

"Excuse you?"

"The kids, they're half me and you. We will always have that relationship because of them."

"That's called co-parenting. That's all we have."

"No.. I think you'll find we have more. Last night proved that."

"Last night proved you can never be faithful. That's what last night proved."

"I haven't been unfaithful."

"Really? So if I decided to tell Vanessa about last night and you being here now she would be okay with that?"

"She already knows."

I dropped my cutlery.

"What?"

"Vanessa would rather know than find out from anyone else. She also understands I have needs. With her being pregnant she doesn't really want to have sex much. So she doesn't mind me having sex out of our relationship."