23.

April

We arrived to our local for drinks as it was a Friday. But the team wanted to celebrate my new temporary promotion. I couldn't believe I was the lady in charge!
I knew it would be a lot to take on especially as I very rarely attended the meetings and didn't need to do half of the things that Megan did. However, she always updated me and would cc me in most emails so I was aware of what was going on; plus if need be I could send her the information back if she lost it for whatever reason.

"To April! Our new boss!" Duncan said as everyone cheered.

I smiled before taking the shot. As always drinks are flowing through the evening. Lauren Kate Chris Andrew seemed more relaxed as they embraced each other.

"Bet you're happy to be able to be public now?" I asked them.

"It's nice. In the beginning it was fun being a secret but it's been years now so it's as if we're made to pretend we're something we are not." Kate answers.

I smiled. Just then Reggie came over to me. He whispered in my ear.

"Do you know how fun it is to know you're the guy sleeping with the boss?"

"You say it as if you aint already been that guy."

"Oh like that???"

I laughed.

"Well this time it's different." He said.

"Oh? And why's that?" I asked.

"Because for the first time ever... it's more than just sex."

I smiled.

"So what are you telling me Reginald Greene?"

"Well... Miss April Jackson..." He began to say before Duncan interrupted.

"Oi lovebirds." He said

"Wait? You two?" Leigh-Anne said shocked.

Reggie put his arm around me before he spoke.

"Not yet... but there will be." He said confidently.

**********

The next morning I made breakfast for myself and Reggie.

"You sure about today?"

"Yeahhh. Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know. Just don't want you to feel you have to do it."

"Nah, I don't feel like that. To be honest mum has asked many times about you. Especially after the evening with that man. Besides it will be nice to have her chat off your ears instead of mine." I said making us both laugh.

"Alright so what time do you wanna go."

"Was going to suggest we go after breakfast. Then we can go for a late lunch... on me"

"On you? Why you being so nice?" Reggie questioned. I laughed.

"I'm nice fool. But I'm just hesitant."