26.

April

Life has been great! Who would have thought? Me.. April.. Has a man! A black man at that! I chuckle; because if you told me a year ago I would have been with Reggie I would have said that you have a greater chance seeing pigs fly!
Now here I am happier than ever!
Mums doing well. Hasn't had no relapses.
Work is great. I'm THE boss! Megan checks in here and there to make sure I haven't run the business to the ground but she's also enjoying motherhood and maternity leave so I know she isn't in no rush to come back!
She's even mentioned to me about working with her when she does decide to come back as she thinks she will want to be part time for a few years.

All in all everything is going well. Too well. Sometimes I think uh oh, what's going to happen? Life can't be so great can it?
But then there's actually nothing that could go wrong... or so I thought...

There was a knock at my door.

"Come."

It was Reggie.

"Hey..." I said with a smile as I continued typing.

"You have a visitor..." he said dryly.

I looked up at him.

"I do? Who is it?"

"Your husband..." He said and closed the door.

My husband?

I made my way to the receptionist desk. He actually was here. My husband was standing right there.

Uh. Oh.

"Connor? What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you.. Can't I come and see my wife?"

Remember the office is pretty much open plan so everyone can see and hear everything.

"Follow me." I said as I walked back to my office.

I glanced in at Reggie and he made sure our eyes met before shaking his head and looking back into his computer.

Damn.

As soon as we got to my office I slammed the door.

"REALLY??? You come to my workplace? How did you even know I worked here?"

"I saw a letter on the kitchen table."

"My kitchen table? What was you doing in my house???"

"Our house! Which by the way I can't believe you changed the locks! And the house looks different. Like... as if only you live there!"

"But that's just it Connor... ONLY I LIVE THERE!! It's MY house! I pay the bills, I pay the mortgage, I pay for EVERYTHING!! You didn't answer me... how did you get in my house?!"

"You left the keys under the flower pot."

I can't believe this.

"For if I ever lose my key! Not for you! Give me my key!"

"April?"

"Give me my key Connor."

Connor sighed and gave me my key.

"Look... I know you're mad..."

"Mad? Try PISSED! You just don't get it do you? You MADE your choice!"

"About that... it was the wrong choice."

"DUHHHH!!"

"You're not wearing your wedding ring."