...2...

Shortly after the accident with the van, it started snowing way more than it had been doing for the last 3 hours. The snowflakes melted fast on my clothes and soaked me completely through. It was cold. Without me even noticing, my teeth started clapping. My hands and feet started to get numb. They were ice cold and it hurt. The snow soaked through my boots.

Mom will be here soon

That's what I kept on telling myself. But was she really? Was she really going to come get me? Maybe she was at the airport? Maybe I should just go back?

A car pulled over and the driver rolled down the window.

"Hey there, are you okay?" He asked. He was a blonde man with medium-long hair, just long enough to reach behind his ears. His eyes were blue, and very pretty. I wish I had a pair of those blue eyes, mine was brown and boring. I just nodded as my clapping teeth made it hard for me to speak.

"Why aren't you home?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I don't have one, I guess." I said making my teeth get a small break from the constant claps as a spoke. They started clapping when I was quiet again though.

"How long have you been out here?" Blondie asked. The nickname was made up in my head. I didn't mean it in a bad way, I actually liked his blonde hair.

"4 hours, maybe 5." I answered and looked him in the eyes which I had not done much.

"Jeez you must be freezing!! Jump in!" He told me. He sounded worried. I wasn't used to worry.

"Thank you." I barely whispered out. My voice was low but I was grateful. I sat on the passenger seat next to the blondie. My teeth were clapping loudly. He turned the heat up to maximum and reached behind to grab something from the backseat. He pulled a blanket up from behind and gave it to me.

"Thank you." I said again and pulled it over me. He gave me a kind and friendly smile.

"We are home in 20 minutes." He said. "You can sleep if you want to. It's pretty late. We can talk about this tomorrow."

I nodded but I didn't wanted to sleep, I would keep my eyes on the road and make sure that he didn't just dropped me off at some random place, or in or worse case; killed me.

The world could be cruel and I had to be careful of who to trust, but at the moment I was way too cold to stay outside. I knew my mom wouldn't come but I kept on telling myself she would.

"What's your name?" Blondie asked.

"Mackenzie. Some people call me Kenzie, Kenz, Mac, Mackie, some of that stuff." I said.

"Nice to meet you Mackenzie. I'm Luke." He said and smiled to me.