...29...

The next morning Stefan and I ate breakfast together but I notice that he was more quiet than yesterday.

"Is anything wrong Stefan?" I asked him worriedly.

"Just tired.." He said and shrugged a bit. I wasn't convinced but I left the subject.

Stefan went to his room after breakfast and I went to do some work.

At 10, I decided to go check on him. He had been awfully quiet. I knocked softly on the door and opened seeing Stefan lay on the bed, slightly covered in sweat and his skin was pale. I had a feeling that he wasn't sleeping peacefully. I felt my heart break of the sight. I sat next to him on the bed and brushes his hair out of his face. I laid my hand on his warm forehead. He was definitely having a fever going on. I brushed my hand through his hair to get him some sort of comfort. Stefan slowly started to wake up and he looked weakly at me.

"Sir..?" He said weakly. "I don't feel so good."

"I know buddy. Just relax." I still brushed my hands through his hair. After a couple of minutes, I stood up and went to the bathroom to grab the medicine box. I grabbed the thermometer and then went back to Stefan. I held my hand on Stefan's forehead and placed the thermometer in his ear.

Stefan didn't even try to move away. He was too weak and too respectful to complain.

I pulled the thermometer out and it showed 101.3. I sighed.

"Okay Stefan kiddo. I'll check on you every half hour. Try to rest." I told him and left again.

I went downstairs, sorted out some papers and was doing some other work before it was time to go see Stefan again. I opened the door and turned on the lights making Stefan immediately cover his head with the pillow which made me realize that the light was hurting him so I switched it off again.

"Stefan?" I said and sat next to him on the bed. "What hurts buddy?"

"Stomach... Head.. neck.." He mumbled. I wrapped an arm around him and pulled him up to a sitting position. I started massaging his neck and shoulders getting winces from him every now and then. I placed the thermometer in his ear again and waited for it to beep.

I pulled it out when it did and it said 103.1 degrees. I looked at Stefan's pale and weak figure which was leaning weakly onto my shoulder.

"Okay come on buddy." I said and stood up. I made my right arm go under his knees and my left arm around his rib cage, under his armpits. I lifted him up earning a weak, pained and protesting whimper.

"Shh kiddo. It's gonna be alright. Just relax." I told him. His head was tilted weakly back and his arm was hanging down from his body. I carried the poor boy to the car and laid him down on the backseat. I brushed my hand the his hair before going to the drivers seat.

I drove to the hospital, glancing at Stefan in the mirror every minute. He kept looking like he was feeling worse.