...36...

I went to pick Mackenzie up from school. I felt bad and nervous to leave Stefan to himself when he was sick like this. But I would be back in 30 minutes, so I decided that he would be okay.

I parked outside of the school and saw Mackenzie already sitting on the asphalt waiting. She ran to the car as she saw it and jumped in. She kissed my cheek.

"Hey!" She smiled.

"Hey." I smiled back. "You gotta be quiet when we get home okay?"

"Why?"

"Stefan is sleeping in the guest room. He's still sick and he still needs to rest." I explained while I still was keeping my eyes on the road.

"Really? Is Stefan at home?" She asked excitedly.

"Yes But don't go to him. I don't want you to catch it too, and I want him to get better."

I saw her nod in the corner of my eye. We got home and I went to Stefan's room as the first thing, to check up on him. He was still sleeping so I let him be.

I went downstairs to prepare dinner. Mackenzie and I had spaghetti and meatballs. I scooped some spaghetti and meatballs onto a clean plate as we had just finished. Then I grabbed a shot from the box the doctor gave me and went to Stefan's room. He was now awake and I placed the plate with the food on the counter. I sat next to Stefan on the bed, uncapped the syringe and rolled his boxers up a bit to expose his thigh but Stefan moved away as a protest.

"I don't want it. Please don't sir." He almost begged. I knew Stefan wasn't exactly scared of needles. But he didn't found it fun either to get poked with needles all the time and for him it just had become enough.

"Hey Stefan, I know this sucks but I want you to get better and this is the only way." I said and Stefan went quiet. I grabbed his leg and moved it so he was now laying on his side. I injected the liquid into his leg.

"Ow stop. Please stop." Stefan begged. I injected the last bit and pulled the needle out. I pulled Stefan onto my lap. Unwillingly tears had fallen from his eyes and were now sliding down his cheeks. I wiped them away.

"I know Stefan. I know bud." I said and hugged him. I held him like that for about 10 minutes before he calmed down enough to be on his own. I tucked him up in bed once again and went downstairs. He was really starting the Be a son to me. I understood why Mackenzie likes him so much. He's a very sweet boy.

I went downstairs to do some work. I had been behind in a long time, which wasn't so good, since I'm the boss of my own company.