...46...

One week later

It was my first day of school after the accident. I had been talking to the boys about it mostly and they thought that I was stable enough to go today. They had told me that if I felt too sad then they would come pick me up.

Ashton had texted my friends from my phone giving them the message about Jack and telling them that I would possibly be quiet and not wanting to talk about what have happened. He had finished off with his name, letting them know that I didn't write the text.

But it had definitely created an awkward silence within the group, not really knowing what to do or what to talk about.

The bell luckily rang causing us to go to class. I had English. The class was soon over and I threw my books in my locker, going straight to the hospital.

I walked through the hallway, past the nurse station, seeing my favorite nurse, Alex. I waved sadly getting a supportive wave back as I entered Jacks room.

No changes. Still breathing. Still the beeping sound of the heart monitor.

Still sleeping.

Still coma.

I pulled the chair to Jacks bed and grabbed his hand starting to tell him about my day, like I had done every single day since the accident.

"And then I got and A in English! Which was crazy! It was a really hard task." I told him waiting for a reply, feeling myself getting slightly sad by not getting a response.

"Now would be a great time to wake up and tell me that you're proud of me." I said sadly, knowing deeply inside that it wouldn't happen. I stood up, kissing Jacks forehead before sitting back down just staring at nothing.

I heard the door open, and I immediately turned my attention towards Alex who was standing there, a plane with food in his right hand and the left one in the pocket of his scrubs.

"Thought you must be hungry." He said handing me the plate.

"Thank you." I smiled sadly. Alex sat on the edge of Jacks bed.

"When do you think he will wake up?" I asked after a couple seconds of silence. He shrugged.

"Could be anytime from now to whenever." He said not bringing up the fact that there was a possibility of him never waking up, which I already know.

5 hours later

The door was opened again, making both of us look to the door, seeing my temporary guardians there.

"Hey.." Luke said. I smiled weakly and waved a little. "I think you should go home with Cal, Mikey and Ash."

"What about you?" I asked.

"I'll stay here for a little." He answered. I nodded wanting to protest but didn't. I walked to Mikey who wrapped his arm around me and rubbed circles on my back. We went to the car and drove home leaving Luke with Jack.

Luke's POV.

I took the seat Mackenzie had been sitting on.

"If you wouldn't mind, I would like to have a little time alone." I said to the nurse feeling it becoming hard to hold the tears back. He nodded sympathetically, grabbed an empty plate from the floor and left me alone in the room.

"What are you doing Jack?" I asked feeling the tears welling up and my throat was starting to tighten and hurt. "You were meant to come back to us... to me." The last part came out as a whisper and the tear started to unwillingly slip down my cheeks.

I remembered when we were younger. I was 14 and the baby of the family. I was also acting like it. I wanted cuddles and love all the time. When I was sick, Jack would cuddle up with me and holding my crying body tightly into him. I wish he would do the same now.

I stood up, climbing into bed with Jack, being careful of the wires. I cried into my older brother feeling a relief of laying so close with him. It was almost like he was comforting me.

I felt his chest raising and falling in sync with his breaths and it slowly rocked me to sleep.