...8...

"Let's go outside yeah?" Jack said pulling away from the hug.

"But... it's winter?"

"Princess, it's summer in Australia when it's winter in New York." He laughed.

"Oh... I didn't know that." I said and looked to my hands which were laying in my lap. Jack grabbed my hands gently making me look to him.

"Come on." He said and pulled me up from the ground. He lead me to the door where he started to put his shoes on. I just did the same.

"Lenny! Come on mate!" Jack yelled and I could now hear how Australian he sounded. Lenny ran to us. Jack put a leach on him and we went to the car. Jack put Lenny in the back and I sat on the passenger seat next to Jack.

We drove to a beach. It was beautiful, but not many people were here this early. We all went out of the car and walked along the beach. The wind was fresh. Jack held Lenny's leach with his left hand. His right was relaxed by his side. I slowly brought my hand to his, grabbing it softly. Jack looked at me and smiled. He placed a soft kiss on my head. We walked along the beach for quite a while. Then Jack took me to a restaurant which seemed to be a chill cafeteria in the morning. He ordered coffee for himself and hit chocolate for me.

"How did you knew I wanted hot chocolate?" I asked as we waited by the table for our drinks.

"Luke told me." He giggled. I smiled.

"Of course he did." I laughed. Jack and I had a great conversation, basically asking stuff about each other and everything. Jack didn't ask anything too personal which was great. He would find out by himself later.

"Are you usually alone on Christmas?" I asked carefully and looked up from my hot chocolate.

"No. Never been. I'm not. Will never be." He said and smiled.

"But what if I wasn't here?"

"I usually celebrate Christmas with my parents and my brother, but I thought that this year it would be better if you got comfortable before you are going to meet them." He explained. I nodded slowly, feeling bad for kinda ruining his plans. We went home and watched a movie. Pretty chill and everything. As we reached the end I looked at Jack who was laying beside me on the couch. He was sleeping peacefully and I didn't wanted to wake him up. I stood up carefully and went upstairs.

I held my phone in my hands as I called Luke over FaceTime.

"Merry Christmas." He smiled as he popped up on the screen.

"Merry Christmas." I said and waved.

"Are you good? Is Jack treating you well?"

"Yeah he's awesome. Lenny is really cute too."

"Yeah he is."

Luke and I continued to talk back and forth as the time got closer and closer to midnight. I fell asleep still sitting up and probably forgetting to end the FaceTime.