...12...

Andrew, Liz and Ben were coming over today. For my birthday. I was finally turning 15. One more step further into my teenage years. Teenage years would probably be some of the best years of my life.

Jack shook me awake gently.

"Hey birthday princess, time to get up." He spoke making sure I was completely awake before leaving. I stood up and got dressed in one of the blue and white striped Hemm dresses that Jack gave me. I brushed my hair out, and then went downstairs. Jack were speaking to Ben and his parents and two dogs that I've never seen before was here too.

"Look at you! You look so pretty in that dress!" Jack cheered as he looked to me. I smiled and blushed deeply.

"Happy birthday." They all greeted. I smiled and nodded gratefully to them. I then joined them. I didn't say much, I just stood there listening to their conversation. I felt fur strike my leg and I looked down to see a light brown and kinda blonde dog. I petted it.

"That's Tiger, my dog." Ben spoke. I nodded and smiled. Another dog came jogging to me. It was black and looked very old.

"That's Molly." Liz spoke. "The boys grew up with her but she's very old."

"How old?"

"Probably 20 or something." She said. My eyes went wide. That would mean that Luke were only one year old when they got her.

"Let's go to the living room." Jack said and we all did as told. We all sat on the couch and Liz handed a present over.

"For me?" I asked. I wasn't used to people giving me things. She nodded and smiled. I opened it slowly and saw a straightening iron. I smiled.

"Thank you so much." I smiled to her.

"I thought that your hair is curly so you wouldn't need a curling iron so I thought that now you can also have straight hair." She smiled.

Andrew passed his present too me. I opened an saw an iPhone 7, not in the original box.

"I'm sorry, it's my old phone. I decided to get a new one so you can have my old one." He said.

"It's okay! I love it! Really. Thank you!" I smiled. He smiled widely too. Someone then knocked on the door. Jack went to open.

"I have a package for miss. Mackenzie Foy." I heard a faded voice say signing to me that he was a post man.

"Thank you." Jack spoke and closed the door. He came back with a guitar shaped box. He gave it to me and I opened it. My eyes landed on a note.

Dear Kenz

I decided to give you this one. This was mine when I was 14 years old and I think you could use it. I hope you can play, if not I'm sure Michael or I can help you. Cal and ash can also play guitar. Ash got a younger brother too who also plays guitar, maybe you could play together. Love you very much.

Luke xx

I teared up. This family was so sweet and kind. I looked further into the box and saw a Gibson guitar. Natural color. I took a shaky breath and grabbed my phone. I wrote a quick text to Luke.

From: Mackenzie
To: Luke

Thank you! It means so much to me! Thank you so much!!

From: Luke
To: Mackenzie

You're welcome Kenz, I love you.

I smiled to myself. Ben then passed a letter to me. I opened.

Hey Mackenzie.

I was thinking that instead of a thing I would give you an experience. One day I'll take you on a motorcycle trip. If you want to of course.

Ben xx

I smiled to him. Motorcycles are cool and I would really enjoy to go on a trip with him.

"Thank you Ben. I would love to go on a motorcycle trip with you." I smiled. He smiled back. Jack passed me a letter as well. I opened and slowly read the papers those were different papers.

Sign here: ____________

I read.

"What is this?" I asked. Jack grabbed my hands.

"Princess, I talked to your parents and to the police and they said that I could have custody over you. If you want me to of course. You'll just have to sign the papers." He smiled nervously. I felt the tears well up in my eyes.

"I-I'm sorry.. I-i can't." I stuttered and rushed to my room, I shut the door and called Luke over FaceTime.

"Happy birthday!" He smiled. "Wait what's wrong?"

"Jack wants custody over me, but I just had a little hope inside that one day my parents would come back and say they wanted me, but they just told him he could have it." I cried.

"Is it really that bad to live with Jack?" He asked.

"No I love living with Jack, but I just want to feel wanted." I cried.

"Jack does want you. He wants to be a father to you." Luke spoke softly. I just cried harder. "Maybe your parents does want you, but they knew that you would be better here." He suggested. I nodded and wiped my tears.

"Look Kenz. It's your birthday. Don't be sad okay? Tell Jack that you will have to think about it okay?" I nodded.

"Okay."

"I love you Kenzie." He said.

"I love you too Luke." I then hung up. I took a deep breath before going downstairs again.