...6...

After a while of me sobbing and just standing there not knowing what to do, a white car pulled up. The driver stopped the car and jumped out. I then realized it was Jack. He ran to me and hugged me.

"I'm sorry." He whispered into my hair. "I thought you would be in the hall so I went in there."

I wrapped my arms around his torso and sobbed into him. I felt his hands runs through my hair. He was calming. Just like Luke.

He held his arm around my shoulders as we walked to the car. I buckled up and wiped my cheeks. I felt a hand on my knee. First I looked down at the hand and then looked at Jack.

"Mackenzie I'm so fucking sorry." He spoke. I nodded.

"It's okay." I whispered.

"Luke told me what your parents did. Don't worry, you're safe here. I won't ever leave you. Okay?"

"Okay."

And we drove. We drove through Sydney. We drove over a bridge which had directly view to the opera house. I noticed Jack yawning in the corner of my eye. I glanced at my watch. 11.35 pm, but in my head it was 2 pm the next day.

Jack pulled up in the driveway of a house. It was pretty big and very nice. He smiled to me and unbuckled his seatbelt as I did the same. We both went to the door of the house and Jack unlocked the door.

I heard small steps from another room and shortly after, a French bulldog came running. He ran to me and sniffed my legs violently. I kneeled down.

"Hi. Hey boy.. you must be Lenny huh?" I laughed slightly. Jack laughed.

"Yeah he really enjoys new people."

I smiled. Jack took his shoes and jacket off. I did the same just doing my best to follow any rule of this house. Jack showed me around. The last stop was my room.

"I'm sorry you don't have your own bathroom. I uhm.. I hope it's good enough. We could go furniture shopping in the weekend if you need anything? I mean-"

"Jack it's fine. I love it. Thank you Jack." I interrupted. He gave me a weak smile.

"My room is in the end of the hallway on the right hand. I'll probably be there if you need me. The bathroom is next to my room." He said. I nodded and he walked out. I decided to get ready for sleep, even though I had jet lag. I brushed my teeth and everything. I changed into Nike shorts and a t-shirt. I then laid in the bed covering myself up with my blanket.

I didn't sleep. I just tried until it was midnight. I knew I couldn't sleep. I stood up and went to Jacks room. Maybe he had some sleeping medicine? The door was closed and I knocked softly. It was quiet for a while until I heard footsteps and the door opened. Jack rubbed his eyes and smiled to me.

"Anything wrong?" He asked.

"I can't sleep." I said slowly. I looked down as I felt bad for waking him up.

"Oh okay. Come in." He said and let me in. His bed was a double bed and he had a tv on the wall. Lenny was laying at the end of the bed.

"Lenny buddy, you will have to go down for a little." He said and pushed Lenny down softly. He laid in "his" side of the bed.

"Come here." He commanded and patted on the opposite side. I laid down next to him and he pulled a blanket over us. He wrapped his arm around me. My back was facing him. I could him.

"Lenny? Come up here boy. Come on." He whispered. Lenny jumped onto the bed, turned 3 times around himself and laid down next to me. I petted his head.

"Goodnight. Try to sleep." Jack said. I breathed deeply. I closed my eyes, and after a while, I finally fell asleep