...35...

I stayed next to Stefan for a while, just brushing through his hair and giving him comfort. I took a time to listen focused to the sounds he made, which I was happy I did. I heard a wheezing sound when he was breathing. Suddenly Stefan began gasping for air, but that didn't last for long and it was soon over, but I knew what was wrong.

I scooped Stefan up in my arms. The weak boy woke up immediately and had a questioning look on his face. Yet he didn't ask. I walked downstairs with him and Alfred met me.

"What is the problem sir?" He asked.

"I have to take him to the hospital. Tell his father that I did, and that I will take him to my house afterwards. I will keep him there until he gets better." I said and left in a rush. I put him in the backseat of my car and then sat myself on the drivers seat.

I drove to the hospital, to the emergency entry as I did the first time. I carried Stefan inside and the doctors came to help me. They lead me to a room. I sat on a chair and held Stefan on my lap.

"I will need him to have his shirt off." The doctor said and grabbed her stethoscope. I nodded and helped Stefan out of his shirt. He shivered so I tried to warm up his body by rubbing his torso with my hands. The doctor laid the bell of the stethoscope on Stefan's back and I immediately felt him move in my arms. He made it clear that it was cold and he tried to move away from it. I tightened my grip and shushed him.

"Breathe deeply honey." The doctor spoke and Stefan breathed as deep as he could, but he started coughing. The doctor pulled her stethoscope away and tears were welling up in Stefan's eyes. I hugged him tightly to comfort him.

"I would like to do a blood test." The doctor then spoke. "I will just prick his finger, collect the blood and then bring it to the lab real quick." I nodded. Those tests wasn't nice. She grabbed Stefan's hand.

"Ow!" Stefan hissed and hid his face into my shoulder as she pricked his finger. She collected the blood and gave me a cotton ball to stop the bleeding as she left to the lab. He pressed the cotton ball against his finger while I just held him in my lab. The doctor came back with a box.

"Okay, So it turns out that he has a lung infection. It will be treated with antibiotics through shots. One shot twice at day for three days. The shots can either go in his arms or his thighs, got it?" She explained and I nodded. I grabbed the box and carried him to the car.

I drove him home and carried him to the guest room where he had been sleeping while he lived here. I tucked him up in bed, made sure he was okay and then left the room again.