...51...

2 months later

It was almost Christmas. Only one month back. I was exited.

I was currently trying to decide wether I should wear a green or red t-shirt today. It was pretty warm outside.

"Mackenzie?" Jack yelled from downstairs.

"Coming!"

I slipped the green shirt over my head just to make sure I wouldn't stand out too red because of my hair. I ran downstairs and found Jack by the front door. I walked to him seeing Stefan on the other side. He smiled weakly to me.

"Hey, do you mind coming with me home?" He asked. I felt that something was wrong, but I chose to ignore it.

I raised my left eyebrow. "Sure." I answered confusedly.

I walked with him to the car that Alfred had driven him in. And we drove to Veritas. Damon glanced at me from the doorway of the stable, not exactly looking happy. Stefan lead me to the garden behind the main building and we sat there.

"Kenzie..." He said. I looked to him. "I'm leaving."

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I'm going to a college in Virginia. I'm going to live with my uncle." He breathed out looking at me.

"But Stefan that's almost 3-."

"I know... that's why I think.. we should stop it here. We're gonna have a break and when I come back we will be the happiest couple ever seen."

"We will be 19.." I heard my own voice crack. Stefan reached his hand out to rub my cheek.

"I'm so sorry." He said. I shook my head and pushed myself up from the ground. I walked away with fast step, trying to not make it look obvious that he hurt me.

I started running when I could no longer see Stefan, and Stefan could no longer see me. I had such a long way back home but I didn't wanted to ask for a drive.

I found it becoming harder to breathe. All I could do was gasp and cry. I wasn't on Veritas areas anymore. I slowed down and looked back. I could see Veritas main building and the forest near the plantation.

I sat on the ground, knees to my chest and my head resting on them. I felt an arm being wrapped my shoulders and I got pulled into a chest. I looked up seeing Damon's familiar face. Dakota was eating grass a bit away.

"He's leaving." My voice cracked.

"I know.. he's my brother."

Damon and I sat there for a long time. We watched the sunset. It wasn't romantic at all, but we saw it. We didn't say much. He just let me sob into him.

"Let me give you a ride home." He said, stood up and sat on his horse. He reached his hand out to me and pulled me up so I sat behind him.

He rode me home and I ran inside and sprinted to my room. I closed the door, laying on the bed facing away from it and cried.

I soon heard the door crack open. I heard Lenny's nails against the floor and Jacks footsteps, and he walked to me.

"He's leaving." I sobbed as Lenny jumped into the bed, curling up next to me.

"I know." Jack said. "His brother told me."