...30...

I drove to the emergency entry and parked the car quickly. I lifted Stefan out of the car and rushed with him inside.

"Help!!" I yelled. "Help over here!"

Stefan whimpered and was immediately trying to hide into me, to get away from the light.

"It's okay, it's okay." I whispered to him. Nurses ran to me. "He's not feeling well, I don't know what's wrong but he has a high fever and he is just really sick."

They wheeled a bed to me and mentioned for me to lay him on it. I did but I continued to hold his hand and brush through his hair. The nurse's wheeled him to a room and I followed. Stefan was older than Mackenzie but when he was laying here on the hospital bed in so much pain he seemed so small. He reminds me of when Luke was his age and sick.

"The doctor will be here shortly." The nurse said and left.

"You'll be okay. I'm here." I whispered to Stefan. I brushed through his hair. Poor boy. How did he get so sick? And what the hell was wrong with him? The doctor entered the room. I shook his hand and he sat down.

"So what seems to be the problem?" The doctor asked.

"Stefan has been really sick today. His fever has risen fast. He has complained about a headache and that his neck hurt as well. He has also shown signs of light sensibility." I explained.

"Okay. Do you know how high his fever is?" The doctor the asked.

"103.1 last time I checked."

The doctor nodded. He moved closer to Stefan with a thermometer and placed it in his ear.

"103.5." The doctor said as he pulled it out. I looked at Stefan who was laying weakly on the bed. The doctor helped him sit up and I wrapped my arm around him to keep him stable. The doctor shined a bright light in Stefan's green eyes. Stefan immediately whimpered and tried to hide into me.

"Shh.. I know. I know Stefan." I comforted and brushed through his hair.

"I would like to do a spinal tap." The doctor sighed. I went quiet. I had tried spinal taps myself and that is a hell of a test. I nodded quietly.

"Come here Stefan." I said and laid him down on his left side. He knew what was about to happen. He grabbed my right hand with both of his and my left hand rested on his knees. The doctor walked to his back and rolled up his shirt. He cleaned the spot and Stefan squeezed my hands tightly. The doctor nodded to me and inserted the needle. Stefan tried to jerk away. He tried to hold back cries but he choked one out in the end. I held Stefan tighter.

"Shh.. Stefan, stefan, hold on. Just a little more." I told him. The doctor pulled the needle out, showing me that it was out and Stefan calmed a little. I brushed through his hair.

"I'll be back soon." The doctor said before he left the room. I couldn't stop wishing that Stefan would have been better by now.