Chris Redfield - Soulmate AU

Growing up I always wondered why my mother had my fathers name tattooed on her wrist. I was waiting for the right time to ask about it. She told me that it was the name of her soulmate. It shows up on your wrist when you turn ten.

On my eighth birthday, I walked into the kitchen and found my mom washing dishes. She smiled at me and dried off her hands.

"Happy birthday," she said squat down to give me a hug when I saw her tattoo.

"Mom why is your tattoo crossed off?" I questioned.

Her eyes went wide and looked at her wrist. She fell to her knees letting a sob. I went to comfort her but there was a knock at the door. I slowly backed up and went to answer the door. When I opened the door I came face-to-face with an officer.

He got done on one knee to look at me and said, "where's your mother?"

I lead him into the kitchen and he quickly went to comfort my mom.

"Mom, what's happening?" I whispered.

"You're fathers gone," she whispered back to me.

~~~

It was about 9:30 at night when I walked to my mother's room. I found her looking at a family photo. Sitting next to her and waited for her to say something.

"When your tattoo gets crossed off it means your soulmates gone. That you'll never see them again. That you won't be able to hold them again. That you'll spend the rest of your life alone," she whispered as tears slid down her face.

"You won't be alone mom. You have me," I said and pulled her into a hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That happened 16 years ago. Now I'm 24 and still trying to find my soulmate. His name is Chris. Don't get me wrong that's a good name, but I've met a lot of Chris' in my life. None of them had my name on their wrist.

Shaking my head I looked back in front of me. I was currently sitting on a bench in my local park reading a book.

I was turning the page when someone tripped in front of me. My first instinct was to laugh, but once the person glared at me I stopped. They quickly grabbed their stuff and walked away.

"Well that was rude," a voice beside me said.

I jumped slightly and turned toward them. My eyes were met with a very handsome man that looked like he worked out too much.

"Well, it was funny to me. Maybe not to them," I said while I closed my book. 

Letting out a small chuckle he said, "my names Chris."

My eyes widened slightly and whispered, "my name's (Y/N)".

I watched as his eyes widened and he couldn't breathe. Grabbing his arm I pulled his sleeve and saw my name on his wrist. 

"So I -" I started to speak before he cut me off.

"We're soulmates."

I smiled up at him.

"All I have to say is that when that person fell I did laugh," he said and looked into my eyes.

I can tell this is going to be fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's trash. Very late.

I'm sorry about my non-existent posting schedule.