Eddie Van Halen

~ What A Day Can Change~

"So... now what?"

I looked over at my date and blinked. I thought over that in my mind. It was a little weird, yeah, but it shouldn't be awkward.

I was on a date with my childhood friend Eddie Van Halen. The conversation containing the question had been short and kind of funny when I think about it. But I had agreed, because I knew I had always had a soft spot for Eddie. And now here we were, not knowing what to do or where to go.

"I don't know," I responded, turning to face him. "What do you wanna do?"

"I don't know," he shrugged. "What do you wanna do?"

I laughed, rolling my eyes at his childishness. "Well, there's ice-skating, bowling, fishing, hiking, the movies-- they have an arcade. Or we can go get food or something."

Eddie thought about it for a moment. "How do you feel about casinos?"

"Way to take into account all the suggestions I gave you," I huffed, then grinned. "But I do like casinos."

He laughed. "Sorry, those were all good ideas. But you mentioned the arcade, and the casino on High Street has an arcade."

"It does?" I asked. "Well, I've only been there a few times, so I wouldn't know. Well, then, let's go?"

He nodded and pointed toward High Street, and we started walking. We made it to the casino in no time, and we were allowed inside after having to show our IDs because 'no kids are allowed'.

"We don't look like kids. You don't look like a kid at all. I'm not saying you look old, you look young, but not kid-young. I don't look like a kid, do I? I may not look like a huge grown-up guy but I look like an adult, don't I?" Eddie asked. He got all of that out in one breath, leaving me staring at him in wonder.

"Yes," I responded after a minute of thinking. He nodded with wide eyes, agreeing with my agree.

"Come on," he said, taking my hand and leading me downstairs. "Let's go play in the arcade."

I laughed. "And then you say we're not kids."

"We're 25! We can have fun!"

"We're barely adults. We just crossed the line."

Eddie rolled his eyes and found a Pac-Man machine. "This one's new, see, just came out."

I looked over it. "It's weird. What's the game about?"

"That yellow ball has to eat all the yellow dots and run away from the ghosts. But when it eats the big yellow dots, it can eat the ghosts."

I stared at him for a moment. "It sounds like fun."

He nodded and put in a coin, then grabbed me by the shoulders and positioned me in front of the game machine.

"What? No, I-"

"Come on, (Y/N), it's easy," Eddie laughed. "Here," he stood behind me, slightly to the left, and put his right arm around me. He wrapped his right fist around mine, directing the yellow ball around the screen.

I was paying attention the game, but I was also paying attention to the way his hand felt on mine, the way he was resting his head on shoulder. It felt like we were a real couple, and having known each other for all those years, the idea was more plausible.

We won the game, after a few close calls. (Thanks to me, of course. I did all of the work. Yes, I did.) I turned my head and gave him a kiss on the nose, to which he reacted by cracking a big grin and giving a soft laugh.