Roger Taylor

~ Thank God It's Christmas ~

"Hello, (Y/N)! Glad you were able to grace us with your presence on this fine evening."

"Shut up, Freddie," I said, walking into the living room and plopping down on the couch, "everyone knows the true queen of this party is you."

"Well, the true Queen would be the four of us," Brian chimed in, pointing around at himself, Freddie, John, and Roger.

"Quiet," John said, smacking him. "Wise-cracker."

"So how are you four miscreants finding everything?"

We were at Freddie's Christmas party. Everyone else was hanging round the kitchen and dining room, and there were few people in the living room besides us. Parties with Queen often began like this, until Freddie decided to spice things up somehow.

"I'm going to get us some drinks, now that this twat forgot to," Brian said, flicking Freddie on the head as he stood. He stretched and walked out of the living room in the direction of the kitchen.

"I'll... be right back," John said. He patted Roger on the knee before hauling himself to his feet and leaving the room as well. Freddie winked at me before wordlessly following Brian.

I was now alone with Roger. He looked around for a moment, filling his cheeks with air before blowing it out slowly. His eyes were still shifting around the room, looking anywhere but me. He began to whistle, and very suddenly he stood up and quickly moved toward me. Roger sat right next to me, grinning at his 'accomplishment'.

"Hello," he said pleasantly. He really was sitting very close to me. So close, in fact, that I could smell his damn cologne. Not that I was complaining...

"Roger," I nodded in greeting. "How are you?"

"Very well, thank you," he replied. "And how are you?"

"Doing well, myself. What's new with the band?"

"Ah, not much. Freddie's still trying to get us on tour in the States. I don't know that that'll happen, but we're holding out hope."

"It'll happen," I said, then sighed. "And you guys will leave me here. Alone."

"No, we won't. We'll take you with us," he smiled, his fingers drumming a rapid beat on my head for all of three seconds.

"I wish," I laughed, watching as he leaned forward to rest his elbow on his thigh. He then put his head on his hand, hiding his mouth behind his curled fingers.

I leaned forward and flicked a finger down his nose. His eyes cut to me and he exhaled through his nose, smiling from behind his fingers.

He took away his hand and leaned back. "When are we going to talk about it, (Y/N)?"

I stiffened a little. I'd been waiting for him to bring it up.

"Talk about what?" The out-of-nowhere kiss we'd shared the week before?

He laughed and shook his head. "Never mind. We don't have to. Just pretend it didn't happen."

The trouble with that was I didn't want to. I wanted to talk about it, but I didn't know what to say.

"I'm going to find Brian," he said after a minute, beginning to stand up. I could already feel my chest constricting with emotion. He hadn't even left, and I already missed him.

"Wait," I said, grabbing his sleeve and pulling him back down. We were the only ones left in the living room now.

"Yeah?" He asked as he fell back onto his rear, a little wide-eyed at the sudden yank.

"I do want to talk about it."

"Alright," he said, "where to start?"

"I don't know. I just... what did it mean?"

He thought about it for a moment. "I don't know, but I want you to know this, (Y/N). It wasn't an accident, and I don't regret it. I-"

It had to be at that moment that Brian came back. He sat next to Roger and handed us both drinks in glasses.

"Where are Freddie and Deaky?"

"Not a clue in the world. Why don't you go and look for them?" Roger suggested, lifting his eyebrows as he took a sip from his glass. Brian nodded and went to go hunt for them, leaving us alone again.

"Well, as I was saying-"

And Deaky came back. He snatched Roger's glass and threw back the rest, then sat on the floor, leaning back against the couch.

"How are you two finding the party?"

"Fine," Roger responded, not looking the happiest I'd ever seen him. "How is it treating you?"

"Fairly well, I'd say," he said, rubbing his left eye.

"John!" Someone called from the next room.

"I just sat down," he groaned before standing up and heading in the direction of the voice.

"Quick, before we're interrupted again," Roger said, "I mean to say that I did what I did because I like you, (Y/N). I can't really describe how you make me feel, but I get this weird feeling right here," he pointed to his chest, "and it doesn't ever go away. You're constantly on my mind, and..."

Freddie burst back into the room. "Has anyone seen my jacket?"

Roger ran a hand through his hair and tiredly said, "you left it in the kitchen."

Freddie nodded and went to go get it.

"And I think we could..."

"It's Christmas!" Brian, Freddie, and Deaky all came bounding back into the living room, along with a few other guests.

"Good heavens!" Roger about yelled, his eyes going up to the ceiling before turning to me. "I can't say anything around here-"

He was interrupted for the last time when I grabbed the back of his head, pulled him close to me and put my lips on his.

I pulled away a bit later and was greeted with the shocked faces of the other three.

"I knew it all along," Freddie said. "Didn't I tell you, Deaky? Didn't I say this would happen?"

Deaky nodded and I looked back at Roger, who was lightly blushing.

"Merry Christmas," I said, not knowing what else to.

"Merry Christmas," he laughed, hugging me and kissing my forehead. We stood up to hug everyone else, and Freddie said something to me as I gave him his Christmas hug.

"I know you two aren't officially together, but you will be. And I just want you to know, if he ever hurts you, you tell me and I'll kick his arse."

"Thanks, Freddie," I said, laughing. "I'll keep that in mind."

Not officially together, but we will be.

Roger came back to me after we'd wished everyone a happy holiday. He took me by the hands and grinned a little nervously as he looked into my eyes.

"So, what about it, (Y/N)? Will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

"Yes," I said, and his smile widened.

And Freddie was back, dangling a bit of mistletoe above our heads and accidentally bashing Roger with it. Roger laughed and said, "guess we have to."

I laughed and shook my head, happily kissing him before snatching the mistletoe and smacking Freddie's arm. He laughed and wandered off to join Deaky and Brian, wherever they were.

"So... party favor?" Roger asked, holding up a random Santa hat. I didn't even stop to wonder where he'd gotten it before I took it and put it on his head. He laughed and nodded, as if to say 'fair enough'.

Guess we didn't need Freddie to spice things up after all.