Robbin Crosby

requested by and dedicated to Rockgirl100
this is an old request, i'm so sorry it took me an outrageously long time to finish this...especially since it's short. still, i hope you like it!

~ First Dates ~

I hurried down the sidewalk, all the while keeping my head down to shield my already watery eyes from the wind. It was a cold day and I regretted not wearing a thicker outer layer. The only thing warming me was the nervousness running up and down my spine as I made my way across town toward the studio.

Maybe I should have chosen a different day to do this. But that thought was thrown from my mind as soon as it was formed-- I'd been gathering the nerve to come and do this for the past few days, and I couldn't wait another.

I got to the studio with no detours. Luckily, I entered to find the band I was looking for inside one of the rooms with windows, recording a song from the looks of their setup. After a few seconds of me creepily observing, a certain blond guitarist caught sight of me. I grinned and waved, watching as his face lit up and he played a chord before holding up a finger in a signal to wait. I nodded and stepped back, trying to show I was in no rush.

A couple of minutes later, he signaled to one of his bandmates, who gave him a thumbs up. He took his headphones off and unplugged his guitar before taking it off as well and setting it down in a case. He waved at them all before opening the door and walking over to me.

"Hey, Robbin," I said, waving a little. "Am I interrupting you guys?"

"Hey, (Y/N). No, not at all. We're done for the day. Anyway, how are you?"

"Okay, good. And I'm great, you?"

"Good. Better now that I've seen you."

I laughed and said, "I'm here to take you up on that offer of a date, if it's still standing."

"Yeah, of course it is. So you'll go out with me?"

"Yes," I said, "and you should consider yourself very special. I walked all the way across town in the cold to tell you."

It was his turn to laugh. "Wow, I'm honored. I feel extra-special."

"You should. Well, when did you wanna go out?"

"Whenever," he shrugged. "I'm not doing much these days besides recording, and we're almost done with the record."

"What about today? Unless you're doing something, of course."

"No, that's about it. Can you? Do you want to?"

"Yeah, silly, that's why I asked. I don't have anything going on either."

"Great, then. Let me just grab my jacket, it's in the room. Then we'll go."

"Alright, cool." He went back into the room, and my eyes followed and looked into it for a moment. I stifled a laugh when I noticed the other members of Ratt curiously glancing at me.

"They seem nice," I said when he came back.

"Yeah, they're cool. I'd ask if you wanted to meet them, but at the risk of Stephen and Bobby hitting on you I think it's best if that waits."

"Again, they seem nice," I laughed. "Well alright, if you say so. Can't see why they would, but okay."

"I sure can," he said, steering me out of the studio, "trust me. Alright, so did you have somewhere you wanted to go?"

"No, actually. I didn't think you'd be available today, so I didn't think to try and plan anything."

"It's okay, I have plenty of ideas. Do you like bowling?"