Joe Elliott

This was requested by iguessthatsdejavu. S/O to her for being my first request lol. Also, December 2nd was Rick Savage's birthday! Happy late birthday Rick, rock on!

~ Post-Concert Shenanigans ~

I shifted my weight from one foot to the other, trying to stand comfortably. (Y/F/N) cheered next to me, throwing up a hand showing devil horns. I felt anticipation and impatience creeping out from the corners of my mind. I could feel the excitement radiating around us.

We were at a Def Leppard concert. My friend had managed to score tickets for good seats, and so here we were.

"Come on, (Y/N)! Cheer, or something!" (Y/F/N) yelled, shaking my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes, then grinned. I put my fingers to my mouth and gave a long, sharp whistle. A few seconds later, the band emerged from backstage, and the crowd went wild. I whistled again and whooped. (Y/F/N) was going ballistic next to me.

The lights went out, save for the ones shining on the stage. A loud "gunter, glieben, glauten, globen" sounded around the place, and the crowd went mad. (Y/F/N) and I practically screamed out the lyrics to "Rock Of Ages."

Joe laughed at the end and called out to the roaring crowd. "Thank you! Welcome to our show! Everyone doin' alright out there?"

Everyone went nuts again, even me. I yelled out a wild "hell yeah!" which I'm sure no one but (Y/F/N) heard.

"Alright, that's what I like to hear!" Joe yelled. "This next one goes out to those who might want to be in the company of someone... who they've only got a photograph of."

The people cheered as the first chords of "Photograph" tore through the hall. We sang along, song after song, keeping time with the band. Before I could even believe it, the show was over.

"Man," (Y/F/N) sighed as we exited the hall, "that was amazing."

"Yeah," I nodded. "So, do you have to go?"

"Sadly, yes," (Y/F/N) replied. "We'll talk tomorrow?"

I nodded and we hugged goodbye. (Y/F/N) left then, and I was alone. I decided to head around the back of the place for some fresh air and space from the crowd rushing to leave. I leaned against the wall, taking a long gulp of air in.

"Hey," I heard a too-familiar voice say from next to me, "mind if I join you?"

I turned, mildly horror-struck. There was Joe Elliott, standing there in all his Joe Elliott glory, smiling in his Joe Elliott way, asking to join me in his Joe Elliott voice.

I was about to stammer out a stuttering reply, but I took a quick breath and calmly replied, "sure."

He nodded and leaned back against the wall, crossing his arms. "So, I'm Joe. Joe Elliott."

"Yeah, uh, I know. I know who you are."

He grinned. "Were you at the show?"

"Yes," I looked down at my Def Leppard shirt. "If that wasn't, you know, apparent."

He laughed heartily. "What did you think?"

"Oh, you guys are great. My favorite band by far. The show was amazing."

"Yeah?" His grin met his eyes, then he looked down and kicked at the ground in what seemed like embarrassment. "Thanks."

"You deserve it! You have such a great singing voice, it's so unique."

Joe smiled and kicked at the ground again, putting his foot behind him and lifting and dropping the toe of his boot several times.

"Thanks," he said again, quieter this time. "Listen, uh, would you like to go and get some food with me?"