Izzy Stradlin

Requested by and dedicated to wildisthewind5150

~ New Year, New Me ~

"New year, same ol' me!"

I watched in amusement as Duff raised a bottle of beer and chugged like his life depended on it.

"It's not the new year yet, dumbass," said Slash, "but I'll still drink to that."

"You guys," I shook my head. "This is a chance to start anew. To leave drugs and alcohol behind and better yourselves."

They all stared at me for a moment. Then we all burst out laughing.

"Did ya hear that?"

"God, and for a second I really thought you were serious!"

"Man, (Y/N), don't scare me like that!"

"As if that's gonna happen."

Only Izzy stayed quiet, keeping his eyes down and laughing to himself as he opened a can of beer for himself.

"Well? What's your resolution?" Axl demanded, raising his eyebrows at me.

"To party twice as hard as I did this year," I responded. They all raised their drinks in agreement.

I was at Axl's New Year's Eve party, along with the rest of GNR and a ton of random guests I bet Axl had found on the street.

"I'm bored," Steven complained. "Let's play truth or dare."

Slash and Duff groaned. "What is this, high school?"

Axl, however, was more than agreeable. "Yeah, I'll play. (Y/N), Iz? You in?"

I nodded, then looked over at Izzy. He shrugged and scooted off his seat on the couch, sitting on the floor with his legs stretched out in front of him. I took a seat next to him, with Steven and Axl sitting across from us. Duff rolled his eyes and sat in between Axl and I, while Slash huffed and sat next to Steven.

We started, going in a circle starting with Duff.

"Slash," Duff said, "truth or dare?"

"Dare," he replied.

"I dare you to give me a hundred bucks."

"That's not a real dare," he scoffed, but we all gazed expectantly at him. He groaned and handed the bill to Duff.

"Fucker. Well, Steven, truth or dare?"

"After that little trick you just learned? Truth."

"Pussy," Slash mumbled, then loudly said, "is it true you stole Axl's jacket because he accused you of missing a beat?"

Steven froze, then relaxed. "It's true. Bitch, I didn't miss shit."

"Language," Duff snapped, making us all stare at him. "Psych."

Steven laughed. "Axl, truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to cut off a piece of your hair."

Everyone gave a loud, exaggerated gasp. Axl shook his head.

"First you steal my jacket, and now this?"

He ended up doing it, but it was barely noticeable. He took a piece out of the back.

This went on for a while. Izzy got dared to throw up his guitar and yell 'I'm the King of the World' right before he dared me to sing everything I had to say for the next ten minutes.