Background

╔══════════════╗

B A C K G R O U N D

╚══════════════╝

In this werewolf story there are some things to keep in mind. There are four major types of wolves residing in this made up world.

╭─────────╮

The Domestics

╰─────────╯

The Domestics are werewolves that live in urbanized communities. They depend strongly on the human world for necessities; clothing, food, transportation, etc.

These are the werewolves that thrive in organized and governmental type packs with Alphas, Betas, and so on. The communities they live in resemble suburban living that blend in with the human world even if they are commonly found in rural forested areas. But don't be mistaken, they are all close to human towns and cities.They rely more on their human side than their wolf side so that helps them blend in with humans easily and gain more sophisticated positions in society.

╭─────────╮

The Wild

╰─────────╯

The Wild are werewolves that are found in more remote areas such as dense forests, mountain ranges, snowy tundras, etc. They refrain from interacting with humans unless it's a dire necessity.

The hierarchy of The Wild werewolves is very similar to The Domestics but it's not governmental and paperwork correlated. They settle things the way that wolves do. They fight things out and the best wolf wins.

They tend to rely mostly on their wolves as they have more dangers that they encounter whilst living in the areas that they do. This lands them having a bad rep in the eyes of the domestics, they are often times compared to rogues.

╭─────────╮

Rogues

╰─────────╯

Rogues are ghastly beasts that were banished from their packs; a fate worse than death for a wolf without a pack is nothing at all. Most rogues band together in smaller groups that function more like a dictatorship with the strongest one prevailing as a so called leader. They are merciless killers and have a deep hatred towards any werewolves that aren't in their little groups that they form, rogue or not.

They resemble creatures that are half man and half wolf because both sides of their beings had fought for overall control but they ended up mashing together in a grotesque form.

They are hated and feared by everyone.

╭─────────╮

Lycans

╰─────────╯

Lycans are the most powerful in the werewolf realm because they are closest the Moon Goddess. They are created to serve her and keep balance in the supernatural world. They are considered royal/nobility and rarely encountered with by average werewolves.

Besides their ethereal beauty and physiques, lycans are more cunning, agile, and powerful than the average werewolf. Lycans are either born lycan or turned lycan by pure blooded lycans that deem them honorable enough to take on such a privilege and responsibility.

Lycans can't be killed with silver like their werewolf counterparts can. They are only killed if their spine is severed.

╭─────────╮

Normal Wolves

╰─────────╯

Normal wolves are just that, normal wolves. The kinds we see on TV, Zoos, Sanctuaries, the woods; real life.

They pose no significance to the overall story just thought I'd add it so there wasn't any confusion when they're mentioned occasionally.

╭─────────╮

MATES

╰─────────╯

Legend says that the Moon created mates so every wolf finds love and companionship with another made just for them. Each wolf holds half a soul that becomes whole once they mate and mark their other half.

In this story True Mates, ones created by the Moon Goddess herself, are only bestowed on the ones closest to her; lycans. It is rare that an average werewolf has a true mate.

Average werewolves form a type of bond with their chosen mates like lycans have with their true mates but it pales in comparison. Average werewolves have chosen mates; mates that they choose, just like humans with dating and marrying and so forth.