𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

╔══════════════╗

𝑰𝒍 𝑹𝒆

╚══════════════╝

SYRETIA watched as Vindicatio tensed up, he was angry. But his eyes revealed that he was hurt as well. She made her way over to him, pausing when she took a step closer to Vindicatio as the others began to stand up. Syretia tugged the toga from his shoulder letting that section gather on top of the rest tied around his waist. There was a stab wound in the center of his torso, the flesh was dark; dead. It looked grotesque and angry. Syretia reached out at it, he instantly swiped her hand away. She looked up at him and he only shook his head.

Her eyes hardened as she took a step back, rubbing the back of her hand. She circled him, the wound was the same on his back. She remembered what the others had said about lycans being killed by a severed spine.

"They showed mercy," she muttered, not wanting to reveal to him that she was concerned. She was supposed to be miffed at him.

"She took a cheap shot, it wouldn't've been right if she finished," he stated calmly.

"The people are beginning to circulate closer to the castle we better head inside. They're probably feeling the void of the queen," Talise stated looking over her shoulder. "We need to go now." Everyone nodded in agreement rushing as fast as they could to the castle. Vindicatio gripped Syretia's hand in his and pulled her along so she wouldn't get left behind. Upon entering the castle, all the doors to the outside were shut and locked. No one was getting in and no one was getting out.

"It's been a long day, we should all rest. The sun will be setting shortly," Vindicatio stated. "Everyone follow me!" They all followed him up the grand staircase and down a long corridor, each side was lined with doors. "Everyone, choose a room."

Syretia went to walk into a chestnut-colored door when the hoodie of her sweatshirt got yanked. She let out an irritated huff of air before whirling around.

"What have I told you about yank--," my irritable sentence was cut off by Vindicatio's lips meeting mine in a possessive kiss. Her eyes narrowed at his audacity. How dare he kiss her for the first time under pretenses like these! She was still pissed off and waiting for an apology for christ's sake! "Don't you dare do that again, Vindicatio."

"You're coming with me," he ignored her as he pulled her farther down the corridor to a large mahogany door. He threw it open and the sight that met them was extravagant; it was the fanciest bedroom she had ever seen.

"This could fit, like, five of my apartments in here," she murmured to herself as she stared in awe, moving further into the room. The far wall directly across from her was lined with windows, divided by two-foot wide brick walls between each pane.

"Make yourself at home," he did a sweeping gesture before saying, "I'll return shortly."

This time she ignored him, taking her sweet time in looking around. The bed was massive, covered in a royal blue duvet and white silk sheets that felt like heaven as she ran her hand over them. She had never felt such an expensive material before. She was scared to even get onto the bed, she didn't want to ruin it with her trashy clothes. But, she pushed the feeling aside and launched herself onto the bed; letting the luxurious bedding engulf her. She let out a content sigh as she snuggled further into the blankets.