𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓

╔═════════════════╗

𝑹𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑩𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆

╚═════════════════╝

"It'll be okay, Syretia," Sebastian said, "Vindicatio will be back soon to take care of us."

SYRETIA set him on the ground, looking up at the ceiling trying to conceal her grim face. She knew in her heart that Vindicatio would be fine and that he'd do just what Sebastian said he would. But she wasn't sure how soon he'd be returning. She pulled her lips into a thin line, biting down, trying to suppress her cries. She felt the moment her adrenaline wore off because a white-hot, searing pain erupted on her thigh where that she-wolf had dug her teeth deep into the muscle tissue.

"Sebastian," she forced out, wanting nothing more than to scream out in pain.

"Yes, Syretia?"

"Come with me, let's find Evanora," she decided it would be the best place for him. He shook his head in disagreement, his eyes landing on her injured leg.

"I'm sorry you got hurt," he mumbled, before running back to a crying Talise, still clutching onto poor Moki's lifeless body. Syretia watched as he wrapped his arms around Talise and she immediately moved her arms from Moki to clutch onto Sebastian's smaller frame. Her heart melted a bit at Sebastian's sudden maturity, she took that as her cue to head to the infirmary. She held the railing in a death grip as she hobbled down the stairs, feeling lightheaded. She just had to reach the bottom and hopefully, someone would be down there to help her the rest of the way.

Her foot slipped on the third from the bottom step, sending her falling forward. She landed against a warm chest and looked up to see a familiar face. Long black hair, loose from its usual braid, spilling around his sharp face in messy disarray.

"Jesus, Syretia," he said, "are you alright?"

"I'll be fine," she said, "just help me to the infirmary." She looked up into his dark eyes, they looked sullen. Heartbroken even.

"Are you alright, Chaska?"

"Odessa was killed," he choked back tears as he said it. She couldn't imagine how hard it must be to lose a sibling... even if that sibling was Odessa.

"That's awful, Chaska, I'm sorry. She didn't deserve to die," he didn't say anything as he helped her get to the infirmary. "Chaska," she began, hesitant, he looked down at her curiously. "There's no easy way to put this..." she bit her bottom lip, glancing at the ground before looking back up at him, "Moki was killed tonight as well."

"Shit," he cursed, sniffling, "Talise must be torn... She drove Moki crazy, always playing hard to get."

"Yeah, she's distraught," Syretia sighed as they reached the infirmary. "You should go upstairs and bring her to Vindicatio's study. It'll be quiet in there, and away from everything..."

"Sounds like something I need right now too," he mumbled. "It'll be good for both of us." Syretia nodded in agreement, forcing a small smile through the pain.

One of the nurses rushed over the moment Chaska left her side, "my Queen, what happened?!"

"I was attacked, but I took care of it," Syretia started, "and I need this to be tended to," she gestured to her leg.