𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

╔══════════════╗

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈

╚══════════════╝

ETTORE

He watched as a cloaked figure came into his struggling line of vision. The hood of the cloak dropped and he saw the wicked smile that belonged to none other than Salvatore Cane, a friend of his mother. "After all these years, we've finally met up again, my son."

Son. The word rolled off of Salvatore's tongue and felt toxic to Ettore's awaiting ears. Ettore refused to believe that the man standing before him was his father. King Vincenzo Lupo was his father.

"You dare to call yourself my father? You're despicable." He spat with malice from the ground that he was tethered to.

"You'll regret those words," Salvatore chided, "you may have the looks of that disgusting King andd your mother, of course, such a beautiful woman. She created you."

"Don't bring my mother into this!"

"Analyn was quite the temptress," Salvatore went one, pacing back and forth.  "Everyone was and still is, infatuated with her looks. She's my mate and she chose that bastard king as her own!" Salvatore bellowed slamming a balled fist against the stone wall, piece crumbling away the moment he brought his hands together in front of him. "It took forever to finally gain the trust of Vincenzo. He was too possessive over something that wasn't supposed to be his, to begin with. I gained his trust, his friendship, and finally our shared mate. And then, I got my son. You're a waste of space, you've kept my son dormant inside of you for too long." Ettore felt himself growing angrier by the minute. "Why do you think you were sent away?"

"Because--," Ettore glowered as Salvatore cut him off.

"Because it was discovered that you were the king's illegitimate child. A bastard whose ties to the throne only laid with his mother who married into the royal court. Did you know that you have a brother?" A brother. Ettore felt enraged, betrayed, and overwhelmed. "Did you know he was born shortly after you were sent away? They needed a legitimate heir to the throne. Your mother discarded both of us to retain her place upon the throne and keep the heavy crown resting upon her inflated ego. Just like she did with our son. Don't you see? There's more for us. We can take the throne. We can take complete control. Two powerful lycans, no one could compete." Ettore's chest rose and fell with his labored breaths as he tried to calm himself down, he never felt so many pent emotions coming the surface all at once before. He could feel his wolf begging to take control. He wanted blood, destruction, revenge. He wanted to inflict pain on the ones that betrayed him. His own mother's neck crushed between his jaws. Ettore never felt so much hatred before. "What do you say, Vindicatio." His wolf stirred wildly at the name, his name.(Vindicatio -- Pronounced: "Vin-dee-caw-sio")

Ettore opened his mouth to respond but suddenly he blacked out, his wolf taking on full control of the situation.

—————

Ettore awoke in a dimly lit room, he stood up and tried to take a step forward only to be halted by a large chain attached to his ankle. He also noted that his arms were restrained by chains behind his back.

"You're awake." He watched as Salvatore entered the room, the flooding light from the outside blinded his sensitive eyes. "Morfés várdia!" (shift) Salvatore commanded. He did not comply with Salvatore's command, lifting his head defiantly no longer feeling weak and exhausted.