𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 | 𝑰𝑰

"Sway for me on cool night's sky

A cold sweat creeps down your cheeks and up my spine

Oh god, I'm freakin' out again

I'll lose my head when you lose your head

Don't lose your head.

You're fighting a war

It's a burn, it's that drug you're fighting for

You swear that feeling suits you right..."

Duncan Fellows, Sway

╔════════════════════════╗

𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑶𝒇 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒐𝒔

╚════════════════════════╝

SYRETIA feigned being asleep, listening to Sebastian's slow, calm breaths. She felt Vindicatio's lips press against her forehead before he left the room in a rush, leaving her to her thoughts.

Was this it? Was everything going to go down right now? Was it time for her to take full responsibility for a group of people that were a totally different species than her own?

She felt her heartbeat quicken in her chest, suddenly feeling stressed. She never had this much responsibility placed on her shoulders before. How was she going to ensure that everyone was calm and taken care of with the chaos going on just outside the castle walls? Was she going to be any good at it... or was she going to fail miserably-- no. She wasn't going to fail; there was no room for error.

She sat up and slid out of bed, walking over to the armoire that Vindicatio had shoved in front of the balcony doors. She pulled out a tan parka jacket, a black turtle neck, dark jeans, and her black Doc Martens. She got dressed quickly, hopping to the door as she slipped her boots on and tied them. She looked over as Sebastian who was still asleep, his blonde hair sticking out in every possible direction. She smiled before leaving the room.

She was met with the sounds of shouting, growling, snarling, and screaming as she made it down to the main floor of the castle. She immediately jumped into action rushing over to a woman that was screaming, a horrified look on her face.

"NO! This can't be!" She screamed as she gripped at her chest.

"Holland, you need to keep calm," another woman said as she pulled the screaming woman-- Holland-- into her arms.