Chapter one: onboard the Star Flight

The scene was one made right out of a fairy tale, in front of the ship was the Colnan nebula, a swirling mass of golden atmospheric dust that twinkled and winked in the light of the white sun Thor.

The ship itself was unassuming, it was a standard T-99 inter-stellar multi thrust cargo ship, it was painted in the standard colours of a non-merchant owned ship, which explained the police cruiser tailing it.

The radio blared inside the cock pit, a gruff, almost pig like voice spoke "attention pilot, this is officer corgg, we have reason to believe-" "that I am carrying illegal possessions and you have radioed in to your seniors and gained permission to board" a calm and annoyed voice replied, "get on, don't fiddle with the controls and I won't dump you out of an airlock, make it quick"

The officer bristled and stormed through the connection to meet a young Terren of about twenty staring at him in a way that made him uneasy, he made a mental note not to play around too much, he looked like the kind to carry threats through.

"We'll just check the cargo hold and if everything turns up okay, we'll be on our way" "good, kis'na will keep an eye on you" kis'na turned out to be a Vorgon wolf! the officer gulped and walked past the blazing, angry, yellow eyes.

Needless to say, the inspection went well, nothing there that shouldn't be and nothing illegal, when they left, the captain snorted "dumb idiots! did they think I would stash a ton of counterfeit credits in plain sight?" he turned to Kis'na and said "lets jet girl, before they come back" the wolf barked once, and he chuckled.

If by now you haven't realized, this young man was a smuggler and pirate, he's whole lot in life was to get enough to get by, even if it meant theft.

His name is Lexan of sword, born and raised on the border planet of sword, he had past dealings with unsavory people, in fact, even his ship was stolen, though stolen from another smuggler.....

He had first taken it to spite the fat Tal'ook, gluttonous blobs with stumpy arms and legs, but insanely crafty.

But, over time, he decided to keep it, it took years to repair and kit out, but when it was done, she was beautiful! slender and graceful, he choose to go speed instead of brawn, and that fact had helped him quite a lot!

Even though light and speedy, the Star Flight was far from defenseless, her hull was a special mix of earthen titanium and sword battle chrome, both light, but insanely tough, add to that the chemical and uranium hardening, and what you had was a tough hull!

The weapons however, were a little harder to come by, as dealing with weapons without a license could result in a hefty fine to both parties involved, but he managed, again, he chose light and fast firing weapons, two turrets under special wing flaps held plasma coated rounds that flew dead straight and faster then a blink.

He sat down in his cock pit and ran his hands across the dash board and smiled, he loved this baby, she had seen him through thick and thin.....but then again, so had Kis'na.....

He remembered when they first met.....

***

Lexan gave a frustrated sigh as he stood by his stall in the market, he had acquired some very rare trinkets on his last business trip, and spruced them up and brought them to the black market on Vorgon, so far he would have had better luck selling them honestly.

It may have also been the fact that he was Terren, the people of Vorgon didn't like humans much, in fact, they despised everything that wasn't them, but they were great traders and hunters, still he thought as a pretty Vorgon maid turned her nose up at him, that didn't stop them being downright snobs.

He jumped when he heard a young voice say "hey! mister!" he looked down at the little wolf cub boy, and asked, confused "yes?" "I have a proposition to make you!" he sounded like he knew what he was doing "okay? what is it?" the boy smiled and said "I found a Vorgon pria cub in the ally last week, as you know, the wolves that don't walk and talk are considered dangerous and need to be contained? right, with me so far furless?"

He resisted the urge to tell him to ping off, but assumed a long suffering look and said in Vorgish "Kal narr forr krish gall cubi, ishh kull horr ann" the cubs jaw dropped, he gulped and said "sorry sire! I mistook you for a kil'shna!" Lexan shrugged and said "its alright, tell me more of this discovery of yours"

The cub nodded, and said "well, she looked so weak and innocent that I couldn't possibly take her into those Bravishkas!" he smirked at the childish insult and said "that's understandable, so where do I come in?" "ill take all these off your hands for now, sell them as my own, you take the cub and a considerable amount of credits and I get a slice of peace and a small profit! everyone wins, what do you say?"

Lexan rubbed the small amount of stubble that grew on his chin and said "that's fair.....how much profit are you considering to take?" "oh, about fifteen percent, I'm a cub, what am I gonna do with a ton of money!" he said with a laugh.

He nodded and said "you know what? you have a deal, take these, sell them and take the wolf to my ship, its called Star Flight, don't get caught, I don't want you whipped" he smirked and said "don't worry sire, I'm a galshka, they wouldn't be able to catch me even if I wanted them too!" and with that, he loaded his bag and slipped off into the crowd, Lexen sighed and packed up.

Upon reaching his ship, it started to rain heavily, and low and behold, there sat the little cub carrying a bulging sack of credit slips and another bundle sat on his lap "nice ship sire! very fancy, I see you went with speed over brute force, uncommon in smugglers nowadays, as they try to intimidate rather then fight.....I've already taken my half.....and here she is, I call her Kis'na" "shadow? is she quiet?" "doesn't make a peep sire, she's also jet black, no veriation in her fur at all.....well, here, I better get going before some slobbargash comes and finds me" he nodded and said "thank you, ill look after her for you"

He hopped off of the wing and walked off a bit before turning and giving him a wide smile that showed all his teeth "I know you will sire"

***

He felt a nose nudge his arm and he smiled looking down at Kis'na, he had went back to find him and show him how she had grown, but they had arrived too late, he died of fissara disease two days earlier, he still kept in touch with his parents.....

He shook himself clear of distracting thoughts, and gripped the wheel "next stop Kis'na, allavile" said wolf growled and turned sulking away "oh come now! princess linn is a wonderful lady! she's also a nut job....." he smirked at her snort, the equivalent to a chortle in a human, he pushed the wheel forward and the deceptively small ship shot forward, spinning in a corkscrew before he hit the hyper-space jump thruster (HSSP).

The last sound that was heard was a vacuum sucking sound and a crack as the ship disappeared into hyper space.