Chapter fifteen: the nightmare

Linn sat by a fire place knitting, a small fire warmed the cabin up well, she looked down at the bulge of her stomach and smiled warmly, through the door came her husband and the father of her child.

"Lexan....."

The word was spoken soft and warm, she grinned as he knelt beside her and placed a hand on her swollen baby bulge "its getting so big!" he said with a laugh, she giggled along with him.

He stood and sat down by a chair and picked up the mail that was delivered......she felt a pain come from her belly, she rubbed it and frowned.....the pain came again, this time more persistent "Lexan, I-I think something's wrong" he didn't reply, he scoffed at a bill and tossed it into the fire.

The pain came again "honey, it's really starting to hurt now" still no reply, something was wrong! Lexan never ignored her, especially when she was in pain.

She groaned and tried to stand, Lexan held a letter closer to his face and smiled, putting it aside "its a letter from your father, how nice" "Lexan please! it hurts!" he ignored her again, she sobbed as a painful throb shot through her.

Then she felt something that made her cold, her belly, usally warm and felt alive......went cold "no.....god please, no!" she tried to feel movement, but there was nothing.....she began sobbing uncontrollably.....it couldn't have, it just couldn't.....then, the pain returned full power!

She doubled over and cried out, her stomach seemed to be stretching and bulging! "Lexan! please help me! LEXAN!" Instead of helping, he stood and asked "how about a nightcap dear? I brought some honey wine for you yesterday" and he left.

Alone now, and extremely afraid, she watched in absolute horror as her stomach stretched and bulged.....then small tears appeared, which got larger and larger, until her stomach ripped open and skittering bugs raced out of where the skeleton of he baby lay......

Authors note: comments about this would be welcome, I think I over did the horror a bit, as I'm not used to writing such content. Anyway, read comment and vote, adios.