Chapter twenty five: the reunion

Linn walked back and forth nervously, Lexan had sent ahead a message that he would be there as quickly as he could, and that he had two things to tell her.

She wondered what those things were, and were they anything dangerous or life changing? She knew her secret was, she was going to steel herself and tell him, outright.....

"Your highness, lord Lexan is here" a hand maid said, she felt excited and waved her out and said

"well? bring him in!" she smiled at her enthusiasm and bowed.

She need wait only two minutes before he was through, but alone "Lexan!!" she cried, rushing forward, he beamed and hugged her as she threw herself at him.

"My love" he murmured, she snuggled into his arms and asked

"what did you want to tell me?" He looked at her and said

"It's best I show you.....there was a mishap at the de haunting"

"What do you mean?" she asked suspiciously

"Well, when the de haunting takes place, you must always be careful, otherwise your DNA becomes matched to the person you de haunting"

"Lexan, what happened and how did you do it?" she said sternly.

He sighed and shifted then mumbled "mine and Kis'nas DNA has been mixed, I'm now part Vorgon"

She was silent as she took this in, really? she thought grinning, this was the bad news? she laughed, he appeared completely taken by surprise, in answer she said

"Did you really think that would bother me? it just means your a bit different, thats all, I still love you, and I will always love you"

He looked immensely relived, but another thought struck her "what about your wolf? what happened to her?"

"She now shares my DNA, shes part human"

She nodded and shrugged "oh well....I.....have something to tell you too"

"Hmm? really, what's that?" she drew a deep breath, and blurted out

"Impregnet" he looked blank, staring at her, she groaned and said again "I'm pregnant"

His eyes went wide, his jaw dropped and he stared at her, as her eyes filled with tears "really?" he said in a hushed whisper.

She nodded sadly, but jumped when he gave a yell and lifted her up, a look of wild happiness on his face.

"I'm gonna be a dad!!!"

***

The king grinned happily as everyone sat around the large conference hall, linn looked positively over the moon and so did Lexan.

Kis'na came as a slight shock, but he had come to like her, her temperament was the same as lexans now, and she was milder.

Raan ate little and instead joined in conversation with the young Vorgon altan, who tried his best to keep up.

Rook sat quietly, enjoying the happy commute, and sipping honeydew water, which he quite liked.

The king, unfortunately, knew this could not last, so he cleared his throat and everyone quieted down

"As much as I hate to break this joyful reunion, we have much to discuss.....first off, this worse news that linn brings us, what exactly is it?"

"We don't know" rook said calmly "all we know that its near impossible to beat, its power is incredible"

"So if we don't know what it is, how are we supposed to fight it?" altan said coldly, rook turned to him and said

"We can't, we can only seal it, and remain constantly vigilant"

"That's grim rook" the king said frowning "surely there must be a way to destroy it"

Rook looked on the verge to say something, but shook his head "if you find one, let us know, it would be a large weight off of our shoulders"

Altan frowned, and said "well, what if we blow the cave that holds it up?"

"And have that terror loose on the world?" rook asked calmly, altan growled and said

"At least I'm trying to think of ideas! your just sitting there telling us its hopeless!"

"You were not there! you didn't see how much of hell it broke upon our heads and from beneath our feet! it is impossible to stop forever, its only because of the great hero killian that we were able to even deal it!"

"Killian?" the king said shocked "you knew him?" rook nodded and said

"I was but a youngling at the time, but I cannot tell you the awe I felt when he took on that army, it was.....it was amazing"

Altan frowned as rook took a sober turn "he died I take it?" rook shook his head

"We aren't sure, all accounts point towards him being killed, but we aren't sure.....he's presence is too strong"

Everyone went quiet, and Lexan asked "the fact stands that we need to mobilize, can you get your army ready your highness"

He nodded "of course, but we were hit hard this past months, without help our soldiers are too wary to fight too long, give us a few months and we'll be ready"

Lexan nodded, and said to Raan "are you an important member of the community of your home?"

"I was born on saints moon, but ill be able to help, scholars are regarded as high members of the community, however, war is not a thing we generally have a say in.....I do have a friend in the mercenary corps, she could help"

Lexan nodded, and looked to rook "do we have your people's support rook?"

He bowed and said "my people have been fighting this menace for generations, we will fight with you too the death"

Lexan grinned and looked to altan who looked hesitant "I'm a mere priest Lexan, I'm not sure weather my voice will be heard" Lexan frowned and felt a problem, but the king spoke.

"As the vorgons are part of the UG, they are obliged to answer an intergalactic threat" altan sighed and looked at rook then said seriously

"Most of my people won't want to work with the in'stara, due to their unprovoked attack on the treaty ship"

Rook looked hard at him and said "the ones that attacked you were rouge in'stara, driven to eat whatever they could!"

"Enough!" Lexan snapped as altan opened his mouth to reply "we're on the same side now, act like it!" they went quite "better" he grumbled.

He looked at the king and said "now we just have to make the UG agree to this, when do we set out?"

"As soon as possible, I'd rather linn remained here to have her child, but it is her choice....."

Lexan nodded and looked at her "this is your choice my love, but I agree with your father"

She shifted and thought......

"Fine, but get injured or die, and ill bring you back to kill you myself!" He grinned and nodded.

Authors note: okay! so, first off, I want to thank absolutely everyone who's continued reading this has pushed it to 836 views, THANK YOU!!!
Second! this book will be coming to a close in a few chapters! or is it? I want your opinions on this, do you think its too long? should I start another book? or should I keep going? I need your opinions on this, so any feedback is welcome.
Read! comment! and vote!
Hasta luego!