Chapter nine: the first encounter

The automated pilot ship followed alongside the star flight, linn had her eyes glued to the radar as Raan checked over their weapons "we'll need them" was all he said to lexans questioning.

Kis'na was twitchy and nervous, in fact she did what she hadn't done since she was a pup, placed her head in lexans lap, all was eerie and quiet, there was no sound of radio static or communications, it was as silent as the grave.....

The two ships moved forward along the trail of the star beacons, the only light in the eternal black that seemed to lunge and reach for them, wanting to invade their minds and plant horrible images there.

Lexan shifted and said, his voice seeming to echo, despite saying it softly "this is really weird" "how so?" linn said jokingly, trying to lighten up the situation "oh, you know, we're in the middle of darkness infinite and all I can think is 'where's the damned light switch?'" linn laughed, but Raan was silent "Raan? what's up?" Lexan turned around and found the raa'ga'kid missing.

"Take the wheel linn" he said "sure thing, hurry back, okay?" he nodded, and picked up his pistol. He would later marvel at this foresight.

***

Lexan walked along the corridor, it was the only one on the ship, it lead right to the back, the cargo belly, and into the sanitary dump. he heard someone throwing themselves around, and Lexan ran to it, only to find that it was locked on the inside, and welded shut! "Raan! are you in there? what the hells going on!" he heard yelping and whipped around to see linn throwing kis'na down the hall!

"Linn! what the fuck!?" he saw a mad glimmer in her eye, kis'na stood and snarled, limping back to lexans side "linn? what's the matter with you?!" she walked forwards "soooo hungry!" He raised his gun, set it to the stun setting and fired.

The blank hit linn and sent a paralyzing shock through his wife, he looked at kis'na and said "what the hell is going on girl!"

***

After he had locked linn in the spare room and locked and welded it all, he looked to kis'na and said maybe this is what happened to the other souls that were lost out here?" she growled agreement and went to stand, she yelped and fell again "easy girl, your injured, let me carry you" he knelt and lifted her up.

She whined and licked his nose "I know girl, but I don't think she had a choice" she looked hard at him, and what happened next caused him to stop, and stare down founded at his wolf.

"I know she didn't"