Chapter twelve: the newest ally

Lexan watched as Raan communicated in clicks and whistles to the in'stara, he took note of his wings and heavy body armor, earlier that night Raan had explained that he was a captain.

"How can you tell?" linn had asked "you can see the markings etched into his carapace, their the markings similar to the bent lines that the Terrens use to mark a captain"

Lexan leant against the seat window of his ship, the in'stara occasionally glanced at him, but said nothing, probably assuming that he was a guard and that Raan was in charge.

"Lexan?" Raan said over the intercom "go ahead Raan, what's happening?" "his name is rookangara, or rook for short, he wants to talk to you" "which is all well and good, bit I can't speak in'staran" "ill be able to fix that"

With a sigh he opened the door and walked in, the in'staran looked strangely young, his eyes were the same shape and design as a flies, on each side of his body rested four arms, which Raan explained acted like shark teeth, when one broke or was taken off, the others would move up and the next one would attach to the limb of the previous arm.

His eyes were made of compacted hexagonal lenses that allowed him to see all around him, they bulged slightly and were a vivid green.

On his face were short pincers that were serrated and looked deadly, surprisingly, all of these features were spotless, without the slightest bit of grime to mar all his vivid green appearance.

All in all, he was a rather handsome looking creature, despite being a vicious planet killing demon, if old tales were true, Lexan sat opposite of him and waited as Raan put something in his ear, it slid deeper and touched his ear drum "there, now you'll understand him, just don't push too hard on that tube" he nodded as Raan left "so, rook, what did you want to discus?"

When he spoke, it was with a child's voice "you saved my life.....I am grateful, but confused.....me and my people are known as monsters to your kind, though we only do what is nessercery to survive, so I ask, why? why did you save my life"

Lexan leant forward and said "there's a lot of reasons I could come up with, the main one being that as your immune, you could help us.....but the real reason is, is that your a living creature just like me, like my wife and my friend, would have I been able to sleep at night had I let you die? no, because I know that everything has a right to life, no matter how much people think they are evil"

Rook stared at him, and bowed his head "your words are wise.....I had thought all humans to be orientated on greed and conquest, this I see now is false" Lexan smiled and nodded, but rook continued "earlier you said that you required help, and that I could give you that......what do you require?" "we're looking for a place called the plagr shone.....you've heard of it?" "that filthy temple has been a stain on my people's history for thousands of generations! Why do you seek it?"

"We wish to protect it and make sure no one gets what's inside" "I see....." he went quiet and the room got calculating "if I help you, would you agree to something for me?" "and that is?" "would you keep the malga star a secret, by saying that it has burnt out? that all the system is dead" "why would you want me to do......ah, I see.....the less people know, the less chance of this happening again"

"You are a sharp one.....will you agree?" "yes, ill see what I can do.....welcome aboard the star flight rook" he held out his hand and the in'stara, after a moments hesitation, takes it, and they both shake once up, and once down.

Authors note: okay everybody! another species log is coming up! and I need you to decide, its out of the Raa'ga'kid or the in'stara, take your pick :) also, until I add more after this arc, ill be moving on from the species and onto the personal profiles of the characters, which will take a lot longer then the races, so, until next time! read! comment and where applicable, vote! adios!