Chapter twenty eight: linn and kis'na

Linn sighed as the sun shone through the window, gently tickling her face, when she opened her eyes, it was to see kis'na with a feather and an annoyed face.

"What are you doing?" she asked batting away the feather, kis'na rolled her eyes and mumbled

"Trying to wake you up and annoy you at the same time" linn sighed and said

"Kis'na, I know your upset but-"

"Save it, I don't want or need to hear it" she growled.

But linn met her angry gaze coldly "if this is the thanks I get for helping you, I don't think I will anymore"

Kis'na looked pleased "good, by the way, breakfast is ready"

Linn sighed and lay on her thick fluffy pillow and looked out of the open walled room,

'this was were my child was conceived, so it seems fitting that he or she should be born here'

she smiled at her thoughts and sat up, no one could look through the open walls, which were marked by columns spaced on the outskirts of the room, and held the large flat roof that doubled as her relaxation area.

She sat up and noticed her baby bulge, with a huge smile, she got changed.

Her living area (which was now also lexans) was like a palace of its own, cut into the face of a mountain, but never going into it.

She loved the main hall, which had two spiraling stair cases, one going left to the out crop that held her room, relaxation area, library and other things she used to relax, including an in-ground heated swimming pool.

The right one was used for formal matters and had been used as a meeting spot for a group she started called 'home and help for the under advantaged' she had cut homeless rates down by thirty percent, and this was a plus moral and business wide, less homeless meant more tourism, and it was against everything the alavilean people stood for to see someone upset or out in the cold.

The bottom floor was used as a greeting place and dinning area, speaking of which, she could smell the glorious smell of bacon, ham steaks, pineapple juice mixed with strawberries and her all time favorite:

PANCAKES!!!

***

After eating, kis'na, complaining she was bored, followed linn around as she reinstated herself with her group and her duties as crowned princess.

"What's this for?" she asked staring at the paperwork.

"A letter to the southern countries governor" she said shortly, she had been asking questions all day and it was beginning to annoy her, but she kept her cool.

"Why? I thought you owned the entire planet?"

"We don't own it kis'na, we rule it, the governor is late with the countries tax"

"Is that illegal?"

"Would you steal money from the pockets of others?"

"If I had any other choice? probably, but if I didn't need to, no, I wouldn't"

"Should have known better then to ask someone raised by a smuggler that question"

Kis'na winked and they chuckled a bit, but as the time dragged on, kis'na got bored again, so, with an evil grin, she began to tease her.

"You know, when we were traveling back home after a successful mission, before you came along, I over heard something in lexans room"

"Really?" she asked vaguely "like what?"

Here she smiled a toothy grin "I heard him.....beating around a bit, if you know what I mean" she grinned at linns cluelessness.

"Here's a tip" she said, barely containing her glee "he had a photo of you and-"

"KIS'NA!" she yelped going red in the face "what my husband does alone when I'm not there is-oh god"

"Mental image?" she said through her giggles "don't worry, I couldn't get the sight out of my head for-"

"Y-you spied on him!?" she said getting angry

"What?! it's not like anything could of come of it, and besides, he thought you were a pipe dream"

"Excuse me? what does that mean"

"It means he didn't think it would work, he thought you didn't like him that way, it tore him up.....at one stage he wondered weather or not that was your plan, but he convinced himself it wasn't"

She sat there in stunned silence....she never knew....

"W-why didn't he think it would work?" she mearly shrugged and said

"It's not my business to say, that, and it is working, so why question it?"

She had to agree to that.

***

The day passed with nothing but boredom for kis'na, she grew tired of trying to bug linn, so she sat on the relaxing deck, looking at the pilots go through their rounds.

"Sloppy work" she'd mumble "look out you fool! he's faking!"

She didn't notice linn come up with her mother, and they watched amused as she snorted and scoffed "where do they find these guys? in a bulk buy shop?"

Linn sat down and said "their the basic learners, they aren't in the same league as Lexan, but that's because Lexan lives in his ship, he knows it back to front, give them time and they'll be just as good as him"

Kis'na shook her head and said grouchily "then you've got a lot of work to do"

They simply laughed, but that laugh turned to yells of horror as a ship swooped in and destroyed two of the ships!

"What the hell?! why is he packing live ammo?" kis'na bellowed, instantly, guard ships were on the scene, but more and more kept coming!

Just as the battle in the air pitched, rebels ran up the steps, only to be met with a hail of bullets from kis'na "there after you! get down" she yelled as a storm of bullets rippled past her.

She was in her element, this was a ground battle, and with opposable thumbs, she could grip a gun and weapon, the poor men didn't stand a chance, she mowed them down, using an old pipe as a Melee weapon, and the gun.

The battle in the air dissipated, and the rebels on the ground fled, kis'na looked back to see the queen stare in awe at her, while linn smiled warmly.

Authors note: sorry if this seemed more like filler then anything, but I wanted to try and solidify kis'na and linns relationship, so, sorry if I bored you, but it can't all be explosions and undead, that would make it boring too, so yeah, sorry.
Anyway, the next chapter should be a little better, because now all the major characters and species are out of the way, I'm only going to do them by request, or is I add another character, so, if you'd like me to tell you more on one, go ahead and ask, but I'm not doing them as a sure thing.
Don't forget to read, comment and vote! bye