Chapter thirty: killian

Lexan looked around as the leaders gathered, they were shaking hands and greeting each other cordially, all except the pilock, who grumbled and glared.

The king sat next to the Terren and Vorgon rulers, who chatted and drank their honeydew wine, linn sat beside her husband, and looked the place of a homely wife, save for the pistol hidden in the folds of her dress.

Raan talked to the grand scholar in rep'ta, the official language of the raa'ga'kid scholars, and they were both talking tensely, as if they were about to break into a brawl.

Altan looked like he was hard pressed, what with the mother superior scolding him for getting caught up in this, and kis'na growling threateningly.

Eventually, the hubbub calmed as the king stood, he beamed at them all and said, in a powerful, booming voice "greetings! greetings one and all to the first ever peaceful meeting of the great powers"

Cheering rent the air, and in some cases, howling and trumpeting.

"Today, we come together to discuss a threat that has long since been a worry for all the great galactic powers: the missioptoan disease, more commonly known as walking death"

Silence settled on the crowd, some were grim, others thought it was a joke.

"I can see some of you are skeptical, so allow me to say this; the threat is real! my own daughter and son in law have fought and near died against them, along the way, they have gathered allies from the races of the fierce Vorgon, allavilieans, the wise ra'ga'kid, the noble Terren and the cunning in'stara, all in the name of stopping the walking dead from destroying that which we have built"

"All of this will have meant nothing, nothing! if we do not band together, and impose laws of quarantine, the Terrens have already enforced these measures on planets that they have deemed infected, but will you follow suite? or damn your people to a slow, agonizing death?"

Lexan looked around as faces hardened and a resolute determination about their now, stone like faces.

The first to stand was the Vorgon chief who spoke in a voice that boomed like thunder, and stood over three heads taller then the king, who was not a small man.

"Though we Vorgon have long since held a deep mistrust to the in'stara, we recognize that in light of these dark times, we must rally together, and fight for what is good! you have my people's swords and guns! may your enemies tremble at our hordes"

He sat to the blood chilling war howl of the vorgons, many waving daggers and vicious gleams in their eyes.

The next to stand was the grand scholar "I may not be a war like or a great commander, but you have our minds to work on a cure, so I say, so it will be done"

The refrain was repeated as the raa'ga'kid rose and held one hand over their breast, the other on their forehead.

Next was the Terren high general, he was a scared and grizzled looking man and he took his time before speaking.

"Once, about thirty years ago, a man approached me, he spoke words that befuddled the mind and confused the senses.....this man, a great and powerful warrior, looked very much like one of our number here.....he too, speaks of galactic understanding, and dreams of a universe united for a life time"

He paused, and everyone looked at him....

"And I tell you what I told him: where do you need us? and how many men!"

Cheers erupted and the Terrens assembled stomped and whistled, though not as chilling as the vorgons battle howl, it was scary to watch as they cheered and screamed, as though happy to traipse off to war.