Chapter thirty three: the battle for ashim

Authors note: okay people, believe it or not, but we're fast approaching the conclusion of this story, I won't say anything other then that its giving me a headache on how to conclude it, I'd just like to thank everyone whose voted, read and added this story, you've pushed it to 1.5K I know that's not a lot, but hell, for me its more then enough to make me happy, so, anyway on with the story!!

***

Lexan stared around as the soldiers of ashim prepared for an attempt to plug the threat of the creature behind the door in, most looked drawn and fierce, others, like kis'na were trying to lighten the mood by having a drink of ice cold water and telling jokes, though Lexan could tell from the strain in her voice that she was just as nervous as the rest.

Rook would be heading the flying assault on the enemy, while Raan and altan would act as air to ground cover fire, and medical team.

Lexan and kis'na would be with the generals ground forces, their added Vorgon strength proving to be invaluable.

As the day dawned, and zero hour approached, Lexan thought back to the day his wife and he had met, it was a stressful day, having just destroyed his entire 'family' and setting out on his own....

** flashback **

The sound of the ship exiting hyperspace woke up the sleepy captain, and the Vorgon wolf next to him, which gave him a lick on his hand "morning kis'na, sleep well?"

She barked an affirmative and Lexan laughed, but frowned as he heard, off in the distance, the unmistakable sounds of a gun fight.....

He gripped the joystick and pushed forwards, the StarFlight rocketing off in search of the fight, what he came across was a massive gun fight between an allaviliean escort and a band of smugglers.

Knowing little of the nature of the attack, he could hardly just swoop in like a knight in shinning armor, that's when he saw a beautiful allaviliean lady being dragged to the enclosed courtyard of the cruise ship.

Knowing then what to do, he smirked and shot forward, blasting one ship to peices and dogging the fire of another one, the smugglers scattered under his rain of fire, he made sure that none of his bullets went near the protective dome.

After all the enemies were scattered, he had to take care of problem number two, the smugglers on deck....he smirked as a plan came to mind....

"Kis'na! You ready for a little hand to hand?" She barked in agreement, and positioned herself.

The smugglers were in a state of confusion, they had no idea who this guy was, but he was making a mess of their comrades, the captain started getting his men into position for a shoot out, but the ship simply flew over head.....

They soon found out why, behind them came the sound of a vicious howl, one that chilled their very blood, and before they knew what was going on, a vorgon wolf descended on them with gleaming yellow eyes and glittering white teeth.

** end flashback **

Lexan shook his head as the sound of the horn echoed across the field, now was not the time for remeniscing, now was the time to fight....

The general and rook were talking grimly, but rook shook his head, Lexan caught some of it

"I'm telling you father, he looked exactly like Lexan, I know you hide something, so what is it?"

"My son, if I tell you, you would not believe it, please, put it from your mind, the battle draws nearer and you will need your full strength and focus"

Lexan looked at rook, who shrugged at him looking perplexed.

***

Killian watched as the soldiers waited, they knew that the undead had massed at the door, which was why he was out here, he knew he could wipe them all out.....but forces beyond him had stayed his hand, and so here he stood, amid men and women who had grown up on stories about him....

"Afternoon Lexan" he said without turning around

Lexan walked up beside him and stared a moment out over the battlefield, then asked "who are you? And no more tricks, we may die here so I won't the-"

He looked at him sternly, so sternly that he went quiet, he looked to where he was staring and he saw the stranger, looking at them all....

The general raised his hand and waited, the stranger got impatient and pointed, then yelled

"kill them all!!"

The battle for ashim had begun.....

Authors note: hey everyone, before you guys go mad at me and decided to chop me into itty bitty bits, I sincerely apologize for the short chapter, the crappy quality and the extra long wait, I have just got a new phone and had to install everything again, thank all the gods for iCloud, anyway, now that I'm back, I'll try to update more frequently, and with way better quality control then with this chapter, I hope you all had an awesome holiday and a merry Christmas :D as always, read, comment and VOTE!! Hasta luego mi amigos :D