Chapter twenty two: meanwhile....

Raan sat beside kis'na's bed, while Lexan made her a bowl of food, she had only woken to yell, and to cry.

So Lexan had stationed Raan at her bedside to make sure she had someone to comfort her, and Raan had done that two or three times a day.

He sighed and picked up a glass of honeydew water, sipping it, he thought about his home. As a scholar he was forbidden to marry until he was ninety-nine, an adolescent age for his species.

He sighed as the just-right-sweetened drink hit his taste buds and remembered a one time affair that involved him and a pretty scholaress, he laughed a bit and looked down as a voice said "you look thoughtful" it was kis'na.

"Yes, just remembering some young year escapades"

she laughed and said jokingly "like what? too many weevils eating your books?" he smirked and said;

"No, us eating too many weevils"

"Please tell me your joking?" he laughed and replied;

"No, We ate the weevils but never wild ones, you never know what could be hiding in its place"

she nodded and yawned, licked her lips and asked
"What's cooking? it smells great!"

there came a new voice, lexans
"Food, and your favorite too" she yipped in happiness as Lexan placed the food down and winced as, just seconds later, she began to Hoover it down.

Raan leant back and stretched, he watched as kis'na ate ravenously, she gulped down the last bite and looked tired again, and fell asleep.

"If you want Raan I can look after her now, you probably need to sleep" Raan smiled and said appreciatively

"Thank you Lexan, I think I will" he stood and shimmied past her bed and out to the corridor, Lexan sat and watched as nightmares took hold of her....it was the worst thing he could have watched at that point.

***

As the ship reached Vorgon, they all felt relief, none more so then kis'na, Lexan guided the ship down and was met by missionaries, who took one look at kis'na and whisked her away.
"Hey! What about us? We're family, we have a right to make sure!" Lexan yelled, they stopped and looked at him, and all at once they nodded and said "come" as a single voice.

"That was creepy" Raan muttered as the caught up, Lexan just nodded.
They arrived at the temple, a huge stone structure that was built during the first years of the Vorgon empire. Raan was in heaven, he studied every inch of it, commenting on its beauty and simplicity, then noticed the others had moved on.

"Damn it! Looks like I wait here then" and he sat down on an old stone chair, grimacing as he realized it would be a long wait.....

***

Kis'na woke to see men around her, chanting and murmuring, beside her stood Lexan, his eyes closed, why were his eyes closed? She licked his hand and his eyes shot open "close your-!"

It was too late, a flash of light engulfed the room, Lexan yelled and kis'na howled in fear.....when the lights dimmed, something strange had happened.....something that made the priests murmur in wonder, kis'na sat up, but she had changed!

Authors note: I decided with a cliff hanger on this one folks, mainly because I didn't know how to phase it in, that and I had no idea how this one would play out, so yeah, sorry for the crappy chapter, ill try to make the next one better, any way, read, comment and vote! Hasta luego!