Chapter 17

Rain crashes harder onto the concrete cement and the daylight starts to reappear but clouded by the massive grey clouds leaving no sunlight to clog up the city.

I realize that we're all in a parking lot where only a few rushed cars are passing by our hidden scene from the rain.

"What are you doing here?" I ask carter trying to speak through the rain.

"Damon texted me last night." carter reply's to my question and beams at Damon.

Damon doesn't seem to notice Carter's glares because I can tell by the corner of my eyes he's staring at me, maybe finding my reaction I guess?

He probably called him after our...moment, while i was in the shower.

A grab on my arm brings me back to reality noticing it's Damon's large hand circling my upper arm and hovering close to me, he's taking me towards carter. Damon lets go of my grip and pushes me into carter.

I honestly worry about his mood swings, it's so frustrating. Why is he being so harsh to me? I'm on the bulge of crying because of him hurting my arm or the fact that he wants me to leave him.

Damon doesn't look at me but clenches his jaw staring at the ground.

"I only have two grands right now" carter tells Damon.

Two grands? How much did carter take? I would be mad too if someone stole more than 2 grands from me.

My rage of anger is put onto Carter's display and I don't know why I'm so quick to go on Damon's side.

Carter plops a plastic bag in front of Damon's boots. Guessing it might be the two grands.

Damon reassures by looking at carter first then picks up the bag and shoves it into his front part of his pants.

"The rest?" Damon asks.

"I'll give more to Pablo to bring it to Chaz's."

"I don't stay there anymore."

"Well where are you down to meet?"

"You going to Juan's party in three weeks right?"

"Yeah, I'll give you some then" carter says.

Damon nods. "If you fuck up, that won't be good for you."

"I won't." carter reply's deepening his voice slower.

Damon doesn't look at me even once and leaves carter and I standing in our spots. I watch as he rushes out of the parking lot making his tires squeak onto the wet and rainy road.

His absence is making me feel odd and giving me that sudden urge of wanting him or even needing him around me. But I remind myself it might be for the best for him not being around me since I'm catching a heavy feeling for him.

Does he even feel the same? Or does this matter to him? So many questions.

I don't care, you don't even know me, Mia. The kissing and the fingering doesn't mean shit to me, alright. I was just bored

Those words, the words that Damon slips out of his mouth and the fact that he sounded like he meant it, got me to my feet while what he said seethed into my head again making me sick. I'm just so upset and angry I let myself to him. He didn't deserve to know me like that.

"You okay?" Carter asks me.

"Just take me home" I shake my head in disappointment.

"My home?" He nudges my shoulder with his, planting a huge smile onto his face.