Chapter 78

Damon's POV

Two Weeks Later, Trial Day

"Have you ever seen this man in your life?" The other lawyer asks me, holding out a mugshot of the man I killed.

"Yeah,"

"Where?"

"The night of the party,"

"No where else?" She says with curiosity.

"No,"

"This man, that you've killed from defence, has many records. He's gotten into situations as drug trafficking, theft, and many more," she begins to say. "Why would you be involved with a man like him?"

"I've never been involved in this mans life, in fact I've never seen him before,"

"But you saw him at the night of the party?"

"..yes,"

"Well, than why was he at the party?"

"I have no idea,"

"Okay...well, I'd like to also add something," she pulls out a picture, a picture of Chaz's dead body. "I've had researched that you may have know this man, do you?"

I can feel my palms get sweaty and the lump that is stuck in my throat. "Yes, yes I do,"

"Thats right. This man named Chazaros Randov Balgondy, you've had history with him and even lived with him. You may probably know by now that Balgondy is known as doing crime himself. He's been shot at a public house party. And that exact same house party also belongs to one of the members named Felix Doursh, who is the man you have killed in defence. We have also stated that money has been stolen from a wall that has been hammered through, but not by itself, no. Someone has obviously stolen the money that Doursh was trying to get back....and that someone may perhaps be you."

"Objection!" My lawyer yells.

Everyone in the court room starts to whisper things. I look at Mia, who Is sitting almost in the front row. I didn't think she would come.
Her focus is locked on mine and her expression is hurt. I've disappointed her, once again.

The judge slams his gavel three times again.

"Where were you the night of Chazaros death?" My judge asks me.

"At my friends. I've been staying with him since Chaz and I stopped talking,"

"Why'd you and Chazaros stop talking?"

"Because he's been doing things that i didn't want to get involved with,"

"Objection!" The other lawyer shouts.

"You said you didn't want to get involved with his doings but yet you went to jail that night with Chazaros,"

"That night I went to jail was because he was threatening my girlfriend and her family,"

"Why was Chazaros threatening your girlfriend?"

"Because he was mad that I wouldn't come back and live with him," I lie again. I can't tell the truth about Carter and get him involved even though I don't give a shit about him, Mia would be upset with me as much as she is right now.