Chapter 30

Damon's hand holds onto my lower bottom while I lead him back to my room.

I'm at least glad he's safe and staying the night with me. He nearly gave me a heart attack after how he was acting. I didn't think he would actually listen to me and stay.

When I get into my room, I watch Damon sit onto my bed staring right back at my half naked body. I need to change but I also don't want him to get out so instead, i go into my walk-in closest and change myself into my pink silky night gown.

When I come out I find Damon still sitting at the edge of my bed but only wearing sweats this time. His sweatshirt is off and thrown at the end of my bed. He widens his eyes once he sees me in my small night gown.

Dias went shopping and bought me this cute silky night gown a month ago and it's my third time wearing it. I'm actually glad I chose to wear it today, the way Damon is staring at me is hundred times worth it and the tiny butterflies that keep dancing up and down inside my stomach like crazy, says so itself.

"Come here," Damon half demands.

I take little steps towards him but when I'm a couple of feet's away from him, he grows tired of his patients and pulls me from my waste.

He lifts me up to straddle onto his lap then starts touching and rubbing my thighs, butt and back making me so comfortable that I'm about to pass out sitting onto him.

I place my two hands onto his collarbone on each side. Then put my head onto his chest and can feel the warm air that I'm softly breathing onto his neck. The position of my head onto Damon's chest makes it easy for me to hear the little pumps of his heartbeat. He sounds very relaxed.

Damon doesn't lay himself down but just sits there, on the edge of the bed, continuing messaging my body with his hands.

I like him this way, relaxed and calm. I like seeing him at a state where there is no anger in him, no harmful tension.

My body starts to heat and loosen up. My eyes start to flutter and end up closing to pitch darkness.

....

My eyes flutter open, letting the light from my mesh white curtains seek through my lashes. I officially wake up.

My eyes scan my room and realize Damon isn't in there. I feel the emptiness mount on me and hope he hasn't really left the house.

I jump when I hear my door fly open and hoped it was at least Damon. It's not Damon. It's aunt Sil.

"Goodmorning sweetheart," she chirps.

"Goodmorning," I smile.

"Carter is leaving early because of boss difficulties. He's downstairs with Dias, want to join them?"

I forgot all about carter moving to California for his new job. I've been so locked up on Damon that everything else went blank. I'm even more disappointed that he told me he was going in a week but now he's leaving early? He's leaving way too early. I haven't talked to him properly and I really should. I need to put the past behind me and give him a refreshing start at California.

"Yes! I'll meet you guys downstairs in a second," I say while running across my room grabbing an oversized plain white sweatshirt.

I slip it over my head and jolt downstairs.

When I walk into the kitchen I find Dias sitting on one of the kitchen stools facing carter with a mug in his hand. My feet meets carters stack of bags and suitcases.

"Hey," i say more awkwardly then attending to. They both say there "heys" back and I walk to stand by Dias.

"How'd you sleep?" Dias winks.

Oh god. She probably saw Damon in my bed early this morning.

I plant a smile across my face, "it was great, what about you?" I taunt back at her.

"Oh you know...the usual," she takes a sip of her coffee and leaves the kitchen while smirking at me.

She can be so extra sometimes.

"What was that about," carter snorts.

"Nothing," I say very quickly. "I mean, it's nothing," I wave it off.

What will Carter's reaction be of me seeing Damon? Is it his business? No. But I don't want him to think of me less. Damon did unspeakable things but deep down really matters and deep down he's a special person. To me.

"Oh-Kay," Carter half laughs.

I sit onto the kitchen stool next to the one Dias was sitting at. Carter hands me a mug and pours dark coffee into it for me.

"So you're leaving early?" I sigh.

"Yeah..my boss wants me to come early now, i can finally get a head start on getting away from you," He plasters a cheery smile.

I laugh and stick my middle finger at him. "You won't be missed," I tell him as a joke.

"You sure about that?" He says giving me a head nuggie, making me shriek and choke on my laughter.