Chapter 79

Trial Day

.....

"Your Honor, the member of this jury find the defendant...guilty for theft and homicide!" The jury spokesmen announces.

"This court is adjourned," the judge says and hits his gavel.

"All rise," the bailiff tells everyone in the court.

The police officer cuffs both of my wrists together and walks me to the door.

"Damon!" Mia comes running up to me and grabs a hold of me quickly to kiss me on the lips, "no," she whispers while our foreheads are against each other's. The police officer pulls my wrist harder to back me away from her. She just stands there, water trembling her eyes. I leave her all alone.

Prison

Five years, five fucking years for my doings. I messed up, but this time, it was big. It was all my fault and there is no denying that.

"Home sweet home," one of the police say, chuckling at his attempt of a joke. He's driving the white van that I am currently in, wearing my orange prison fit and cuffed till my skin is about to peel but im only busy thinking about my girl. I'm fucked. I fuck up everything.

"You're gonna love it here," the other police says, laughing at his own joke. These fucking dumbasses. I shouldn't be talking though, I'm the one cuffed here. The only thing that pisses me off is that they think they're the shit just because that im secured by handcuffs. They are lucky because If I wasn't in handcuffs right now, I would get a lifetime of prison.

I step out of the van and my big black boots connect the dusty gravel. I stand still looking at the building that I'm going to be locked in for five fucking years now.

"Move it!" The police shoves me from the back. I flare my nostrils but try to keep myself calm but it isnt helping when they both snicker from behind me.

When i walk inside all I can see is eyes focused on my entrance through the prison cells. Non of the prisoners say anything making me guess they are probably intimidated by my tattoos and my straight face.

"This is your cell block," the police pushes me inside a cell with a guy reading a book. He doesn't look bothered at all.

The cell closes shut and leaves me turning to the man laying on the top bunk. When I look at him he tries his hardest to not look back at me, quickly glancing his stare at me but quickly landing his eyes back on the book. He looks much younger than me, maybe 17? 18?

Why the fuck does he keep glancing at me? The fuck is his problem?

I snatch the book out of his hands and find a knife, cut into the middle of the papers for the knife to fit inside of it.

"Dude, please j-just give it back," he quickly says.

He wasn't reading all along, he was watching every step I take until I "attack" him.

"It's mine, for now," I shut the heavy book and put it under my mattress.

"Look...I heard what you did, okay, I had no choice but to protect myself,"

"Protect yourself from what?" I scowl and casually lay on my bottom side of the bed.

"Everyone has been talking man. And they said..." he lowers his voice, "they said that you are from the most dangerous gang that are full of mass murders and criminals, no offence dog but no one wants to go near you because of that,"

"I'm not the only one," There's probably worse things people have done.

"But don't you kill for a living? Killing is like a passion of yours right?"