Chapter 29

Once I wash my hair and body, I get out quickly wrapping myself into a white towel. My long brown hair is sleeked straight down all moved to my back. The side of my hairs are tucked behind my ears.

I walk to my bedroom and before I step into it, I peak into the inched opened door, startled by hearing Damon's yelling to the person on the phone.

"I don't give a fuck, he brought it on himself," Damon raises his voice.

"Shut the fuck up, He fucked me over," he then starts using his hand for strong gestures.

He looks so angry, it's scaring me. I wonder who he's talking to.

I accidentally creek my door open wider. Damon snaps his head at me from the sound. I look frightened and my face is flushed from his appearance; his hair looks like it's been pushed back many times and a vain is popping out of his neck.

"Call me tomorrow," he says into his phone and shuts it off quickly shoving it into his pocket.

I'm nervous as hell. What was going on? Why was he yelling? I worry about him so much that it comes to point where I don't think his safety is clear anymore. Spending those horrific three days with him and seeing what he goes through is terrible. I care about this man so much and he deserves the best, he really does. No one deserves to go through such disgusting and pessimistic things that he goes through. He grew up without a stable family, house or someone to look up to. I've seen his good side and it's such an amazing experience to witness about him but the thing is that he hides it and blocks the good left in him because of the situation that piles at him which makes him a cold person.

"I need to go," Damon says.

"Damon-"

"No. I'm leaving," he says into my face. I shudder and he walks pass me but I grab onto his bicep.

"What happened?" I say more as a whine.

"Let go," he clenches his jaw and jerks away.

"Damon, please talk to me," I follow him, shaking and scared.

Something is wrong and I know it. I need to stop and talk to him before he does something terribly stupid.

"Fuck. I'm going to fucking kill Blake," he says threw his teeth, still walking away from me.

Oh no.

He stomps down the polished staircase and I get a hold of his arm but he jerks away from my touch again.

"Damon please," I sob.

He strides to the front door but I quickly run and block his exit. My petite body covers only some of the huge door.

"Move," he says with cold eyes.

"Damon, you aren't thinking clearly," my eyes are getting glossy.

He reaches for the doorknob but I push my back against the door harder.

I almost forgot I'm half naked and I'm only wearing a towel but I couldn't care less. What really matters is that Damon is about to go back to Blake and do something very, very bad.

"I'm not letting you do something you'll regret," I tell him in tears.

"Regret?" He scoffs.

"You're only angry right now and that-"

"I won't regret shit, I'm going to fucking kill the son of a bitch and I'll enjoy every last bit of it," he spits and cuts me off.

"I'm not letting you do that," I tell him under my sobs.

He grabs onto my wrist tightly, making his hands burn my skin.

"And who said I gave a fuck?" He tightens his grip onto my wrist.

"Damon, let go...your hurting me," I choke.

He quickly lets go and his anger dissolves slightly. His eyes are onto my wrist and he backs away.

"Mia, I-"

I put my hand up to stop him from speaking.

He steps closer to me but I flinch.

"I would never hurt you, you know that right?" He softy tells me.

I nod, "I wasn't so sure right now though, you're scaring me and I just.." I start to choke on my sob right in front of him.

He looks at me for a moment with a low expression.

My mouth falls open and starts to tremble but he slowly comes towards me and pulls me into a soft hug, kissing the top of my head.

"I'm sorry," he says.

I sniffle, burring my face deeper into his chest whilst wrapping my arms around his waste.

"Please don't go," I say looking up at him.

He avoids looking at me and just stares into the distance.

"Damon, please talk to me,"

"We will talk about it tomorrow, let's get some rest, it's been a long day." He still doesn't look at me.